Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 38 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Lawrence County)

Default The reasons I hardly visit the forum...

NOTE: Chazman321 has been given a 1 month timeout for trolling, as it seems that was his intent even before posting the thread. See here for more details:
    http://www.pafoa.org/forum/concealed...tml#post438452

1. The OC vs. CC debate... This is just getting stupid. If you don't OC, you're viewed as an unpatriotic dillhole who wants nothing more than to have their rights trampled on. I'm sorry, but yes, there is more of a risk OC'ing than concealing...

2. Moderators playing favorites... If someone flames another person, it's fine if that person is a buddy with the moderator, if not or if the moderator doesn't like what that person says, their post gets deleted or they get banned... I've seen posts disappear, but I never, ever, seen a moderator say they deleted a post or said why.

3. People asking for money. I'm sorry, but if you do something and get in trouble, your fault or not, I'm not paying for it. I have kids, I have bills, and all are more important than keeping most anyone on here out of jail. If the OC people get told they'll lose their LTCF for OC, and they do it anyways, why should everybody else chip in to pay your lawyer fees? When I had two guns stolen, did I ever ask for people to buy me a new one?

4. No women moderators. There are plenty of women on here that could do the job well. There should be a forum just for women. Many women think shooting is only for middle-aged white men, and plenty of women shoot and carry. Their needs are much different than ours.

5. Really, really, bad advice... Why on Earth would you tell someone to not show their ID to a police officer? Who cares if you don't legally have to? If you think trying to "educate" or prove a point is worth you getting handcuffed and arrested, and then needing a lawyer (see number 3), then go right ahead. But please, stop telling other people to follow suit... Unless you have the money to pay their lawyer personally, I view it as your fault.

6. Cop bashing. Just stop it. If you feel you can do the job better than they can, become a police officer. A lot of my friends are cops and state troopers, and they put up with a lot of crap. There is no reason someone should be out there talking badly aout them. The only people that usually don't like the police are people that have done something wrong. Don't be that person, and you should have no problems...

In summary, we gun owners are supposed to be the cream of the crop. We're supposed to show the general public and the police that we are genuinly good people, who just want to make sure we have a tool to protect ourselves. It doesn't matter if we win or not in court cases, it's the fact that we're putting ourselves out there looking like nut jobs.

There is a difference between an advocate and an activist. An advocate uses reason and law to tell a story and to make the playing field equal. An activist plans to disrupt a group and cause problems to try and get a point across because they lack the skills to have a calm, rational discussion... Half this bull isn't about rights, it's about 15 minutes of fame. Nobody cares! The police in one county aren't calling their buddies across the state to talk about things, they do their job and go home. Nobody in my town ever heard of Dickson City, and the closest Old Country Buffet is in Hermitage, what help would that be doing in my county?

If someone asks you to cover your gun, be respectful and do it. If you don't want to and they call the police, don't dare come on here and complain about how you were right and now your children are emotionally scared because Daddy tried to prove a point and got arrested at dinner... People complain they want respect, but then act disrespectfully to everyone they meet. And the worse part is, others applaud them.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese...

Chazthinkaboutitman321
    Last edited by ChamberedRound; September 25th, 2008 at 09:43 PM.
    I like guns... And boobs...

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Default Re: The reasons I hardly visit the forum...

Rep for calling it like you see it.

I agree with you on some points, and disagree on many others, but you get props in my book for speaking your mind.

(Monroe County)

Sounds like you have a lot of reasons not to be here. I respect your opinion on the matter, and offer to you that the internet is a wide and wonderful place.
    You will find another website that does not offend your sensibilities. In fact, one of the wonderful things about the internet, is your ability to create another website of your own that has the particular angle on things that you articulated.

All the best.

Mike

(Lawrence County)

I've been here for almost 2 years, why should I need to find a new site? I just call it as I see it. This site was never like this before... I've learned a lot, I've taught a lot. There is another site dedicated to open carrying, opencarry.org is a very good site, one that I am also a member of. As I was a member of packing.org, but that isn't the point. The point is, this site isn't for information anymore, it's just a place for certain people to stoke their ego...

Chazcantalopesman321
    I like guns... And boobs...

(Lehigh County)

If someone asks you to cover your gun, be respectful and do it.
    If a stranger asks you to tuck in your shirt, do you do it? If a stranger asks you to cut your hair, do you do it?

The only people that usually don't like the police are people that have done something wrong.
    You imply that we have done something wrong, when it is in fact the police and sheriffs (and others in positions of official authority) who are violating the law in order to arrest/detain/charge us with nonexistent crimes.

Discretion may be the better part of valour, but if Rosa Parks didn't refuse to give up her seat, we might still be forcing black folks to the back of the bus. Open carrying and refusing to comply with a law enforcement officer's unlawful commands and/or suggestions is no different.

If you don't OC, you're viewed as an unpatriotic dillhole who wants nothing more than to have their rights trampled on.
    I've never personally seen a thread or a reply in a thread that derided a person simply for carrying concealed.
    Any mission, any conditions, any foe at any range.
    Twice the mayhem, triple the force.
    Ten times the action, total hardcore.

Quote Originally Posted by Chazman321 View Post

5. Really, really, bad advice... Why on Earth would you tell someone to not show their ID to a police officer?
    I agree with everyone except for number 5.
    Bazinga

Quote Originally Posted by General Geoff View Post
    ...we might still be forcing black folks to the back of the bus...
    I like the back of the bus
    Bazinga

(Philadelphia County)

Chaz, you sound like a man of reason and it's good that you spoke your mind. Hopefully, some of your points will get across, but I think you just take things a little too personal and too seriously. Like everything else on the net, regardless of topic, you just have to filter out the BS's and the personally-unwanted information. As much as I agree with you on several of these points, I think there are PLENTY of relevant and insightful advices that beginners and old-timers can heed. If you sit and list out the pro's as well as the con's, I think you will not be able to find another site more informative about local/state laws and gun info. I recommend the G&A Shooting forum. I frequent there a lot more than here and many of the issues you have with this site you won't find there.

Regards,
    Al

(Berks County)

It is kind of funny that I was just talking to a friend while I was watching the Phillies tonight about the exact same topic. Rep applied, and I will wait for the shit storm to ensue. Go ChaZ!

The Capn'

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Chaz has been here for a long time, and as someone who remembers how this site used to be I can relate.

I've heard other long time members say the same things. I personally agree with him on some of his points.

There are a lot of long time members who are irritated at the changes the site has taken. Alot of it is due to some of the more "activist" type things.

Personally, as someone who was on the phone with a sheriff over an OC issue earlier today I'm not sure how to respond without sounding like a hypocrite.

Chaz is not alone in his thoughts by any stretch of the imagination. He just had the balls to speak up.

Page 1 of 38 1234511 ... LastLast