Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Canik TP9SFX.....anyone have any insight?

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    The Venom would be at the top of my list as well as the Sig Romeo 1 since I’m on a forever budget.
    The Romeo 1 does not work on the SFx. None of the mounting plates line up with the holes as Sig is using a proprietary design.

I just ordered a Venom 6MOA for my SFX from Optics Planet. At the time they had a 20% off coupon for it and free shipping. Got it for $183
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

(Bucks County)

Oh.... btw: here's my SFx:

DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

(Lancaster County)

Any YouTube videos of you with the SFX BigDawgBeav? I remember you put out some quality stuff a while back.
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

(Bucks County)

I'm seriously considering picking one of these up in the next week or 2. So, if there's any more feedback I'd appreciate the input.

(Westmoreland County)

My LGS had 2 packaged with the Vortex red dot. I was able to check it out and snap a few pics. I am on a list for one when they are back in stock. Unless something else shiny gets my attention. I did get one of the TP9SF Elites though, really love that single action striker. Really nice trigger on mine, so I am definitely interested in the SFX. I believe the price for the gun, 2 20 rounders and the Vortex for just over 700. Seemed like a great value for for a comp pistol. Could I find it a bit cheaper, probably. Always support the LGS though, unless he’s just not able to get something in that I want.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bripro View Post
    Any YouTube videos of you with the SFX BigDawgBeav? I remember you put out some quality stuff a while back.
    Nothing yet. I put together something testing the different recoil springs I have and different ammo. Wasn't anything scientific and was done just for my own "viewing later" benefit. I'm going to be shooting this in PA Steel League this year and hopefully some Steel Challenge.

EDIT: Mind you, this is just POV of testing ammo and recoil spring options checking for over/under-sprung. (Spoiler Alert: factory recoil assembly is over-sprung) Here you go:
    Last edited by bigdawgbeav; March 15th, 2018 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VooDoo1VooDoo1 View Post
    My LGS had 2 packaged with the Vortex red dot. I was able to check it out and snap a few pics. I am on a list for one when they are back in stock. Unless something else shiny gets my attention. I did get one of the TP9SF Elites though, really love that single action striker. Really nice trigger on mine, so I am definitely interested in the SFX. I believe the price for the gun, 2 20 rounders and the Vortex for just over 700. Seemed like a great value for for a comp pistol. Could I find it a bit cheaper, probably. Always support the LGS though, unless he’s just not able to get something in that I want.
    Which Vortex was it? They do either the Viper or the Venom both in 6moa dot. My choice would be the Venom due to its upgraded features like a top mounted battery tray.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Which Vortex was it? They do either the Viper or the Venom both in 6moa dot. My choice would be the Venom due to its upgraded features like a top mounted battery tray.
    It must have been the venom, as it indicated that the battery was accessible without removing the sight. I will confirm when I get a chance, hopefully Friday night I will stop by the shop, or Saturday before a gun bash.

(Dauphin County)

I have a SFX with a ADE red dot and it rocks. Threw on some talon grips also. I've put about 600 rounds through mine and not a single issue. Shoots 115,124 and 147 just fine.

I think alot of people over look the trigger in this gun too...It's awesome mine breaks right at 3lb every time and the reset is so short you can't even measure it. It's my first Canik and I'd deff buy again.

(Philadelphia County)

Shot a friend's SFX and fell in love with the trigger!!! At the time I thought it was on the large size so I didn't pick it up. My local FFL later advertised the SA (shorter model) w/decocker for about $375 out the door and I just had to have it... It shoots great and again the trigger is phenomenal.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast