Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Default not 1 but 2 oc issues today

we went to the flea market today ower first issue was a man at a stand selling stuff. we were looking and he saw my sidearm and said let me give you some advice. i said OK he told me i could be arrested for oc i calmly explained to him that i could not and gave him a flyer's and a card.he said he would check it out because he would like to oc as well this one went well. but on my way out of the park a man said sir can i see you over hear. i said shore he ask if i had a permit and i said yes but legally i don't have to show it to you but i will. then some old man ask what county is it for i told him Cumberland he said you must cover it it states it on the literature. i told him i know but that the info was wrong.then another ass wipe chimed in and said you are educating people wrong. i told him i was not and that i had the case law to prove it in my polite and got no reply from him after that . any thoughts on this are appreciated. thanks Matt

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: not 1 but 2 oc issues today

Was the second man some kind of a LEO? If not I would not of shown him my ltcf. Other than that you seemed to do ok.

Did you buy anything? I just got back in from the flea markey a few minutes ago. I got some books, a cabbage, and a watermelon.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    Was the second man some kind of a LEO? If not I would not of shown him my ltcf. Other than that you seemed to do ok.

Did you buy anything? I just got back in from the flea markey a few minutes ago. I got some books, a cabbage, and a watermelon.
    no he was not leo i was just trying to keep the peace.

and yea we bought a bunch of shit well she did i got 1 dame thing and a hard time.

(Franklin County)

My answers would have been slightly different, and I disagree on some points you made. Please don't take my comments as personal criticism, they are merely my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by 338winmag View Post
    he saw my sidearm and said let me give you some advice.
    "No, thanks."
    he told me i could be arrested for oc i calmly explained to him that i could not
    Actually you could be arrested for it. The arrest would not be legal, and most likely not hold up in court, but it can happen. You could also have your LTCF revoked - again, would likely be reversed, but there is no *magic cloak of protection* for OCers.
    on my way out of the park a man said sir can i see you over hear. i said shore he ask if i had a permit and i said yes but legally i don't have to show it to you but i will. then some old man ask what county is it for i told him Cumberland he said you must cover it it states it on the literature. i told him i know but that the info was wrong.then another ass wipe chimed in and said you are educating people wrong. i told him i was not and that i had the case law to prove it in my polite and got no reply from him after that . any thoughts on this are appreciated. thanks Matt
    Were any of these guys owners of the flea market or were they just your typical 'know it all'? I don't mind answering questions and explaining to truly interested parties, but I'm not going to defend myself to the typical Penny and Peter panic attack types on the street. I'm going to tell them I'm absolutely confident in my knowledge of applicable law, and to please feel free to contact the police if they have a serious concern.

I will also NOT show my LTCF to anyone when I'm OCing - actually I can't - because I don't carry it with me.
    "Unfortunately, I do not have my license, so I cannot conceal my firearm, but I will be happy to immediately leave the premises if you wish me to do so."
    ^^^Offered to parties who have authority over the property, and leaving means without this cart full of merchandise that I was planning to buy. And for the record, this has yet to happen to me.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    My answers would have been slightly different, and I disagree on some points you made. Please don't take my comments as personal criticism, they are merely my opinion.
    "No, thanks."Actually you could be arrested for it. The arrest would not be legal, and most likely not hold up in court, but it can happen. You could also have your LTCF revoked - again, would likely be reversed, but there is no *magic cloak of protection* for OCers.

Were any of these guys owners of the flea market or were they just your typical 'know it all'? I don't mind answering questions and explaining to truly interested parties, but I'm not going to defend myself to the typical Penny and Peter panic attack types on the street. I'm going to tell them I'm absolutely confident in my knowledge of applicable law, and to please feel free to contact the police if they have a serious concern.

I will also NOT show my LTCF to anyone when I'm OCing - actually I can't - because I don't carry it with me. ^^^Offered to parties who have authority over the property, and leaving means without this cart full of merchandise that I was planning to buy. And for the record, this has yet to happen to me.
    the gentlemen at the gate where not park owners but they where park security. and know i don't take anything you say personally . i will take any advice you give me out of respect for you and the things you know better than i do

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    actually I can't - because I don't carry it with me.
    Really, why? If you drove there then you need one to leave if LEOs are present. I could see a informed leo agreeing you do not need one to OC on foot. But as soon as you decide to spend money at another business and head to the car IMHO he would be justifified to request proof. IMNAL just my 2 cents.

To the OP good job

(Mifflin County)

I'm pretty sure he keeps it in his vehicle when traveling by one. Just doesn't carry it "on his person" while on foot and OCing.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Fraggle09027 View Post
    Really, why? If you drove there then you need one to leave if LEOs are present. I could see a informed leo agreeing you do not need one to OC on foot. But as soon as you decide to spend money at another business and head to the car IMHO he would be justifified to request proof. IMNAL just my 2 cents.

To the OP good job
    If he leaves his LTCF in the vehicle, then he is good to go.

(Lebanon County)

It's your haircut. They're jealous!

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Fraggle09027 View Post

To the OP good job
    Quote Originally Posted by ihunt49 View Post
    If he leaves his LTCF in the vehicle, then he is good to go.
    I agree with ihunt...
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast