Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Safety Warning: Honor Guard carry pistols.

Not sure if anyone carries or owns on of the Honor Guard pistols, but if you do it appears they suffer from the same issues that the Sig P320 does and will inertia fire if dropped. Worse yet some show when bumped or tapped lightly the live primers( no bullet) were dented but did not fire making a user feel his is okay.

Apparently Patrick from the firearms Rack found this out 4 months ago right after the P320 went down and contacted Honor Guard about the issue. Their response was to send TFB which is where Patrick was working at the time a cease and disast from talking about their product ever again. Since he left TFB a few months back he made a video, went on a live chat with MAC regarding it so Honor Guard is now forced to deal with it.

You can find a few videos about it on the web and here is a new one from Sootch00.

The original video

Last edited by Hodgie; December 23rd, 2017 at 01:38 AM.

Default Re: Safety Warning: Honor Guard carry pistols.

I heard about the whole mess the other day and TFB was involved. It is good there are still a few people that will put integrity ahead of money. As for the Honor Guard, I never gave it much of look. Striker fired poly gun options are more than plentiful so I don't see the need to take the chance on it. I do like the Caracal and see they re-released it, still looks like it is having some issues though.

Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    I heard about the whole mess the other day and TFB was involved. It is good there are still a few people that will put integrity ahead of money. As for the Honor Guard, I never gave it much of look. Striker fired poly gun options are more than plentiful so I don't see the need to take the chance on it. I do like the Caracal and see they re-released it, still looks like it is having some issues though.
    Over the last few months I fell out of the whole Youtube gun thing but since I am on vacation this week I happened to come across it. I can understand owning weird one off or newly released firearms for the range but for self defense you need to stick to what designs have been proven with time and real world testing.

I only found out about the whole honor guard deal because I followed a link to an article on TFB. People in the comments of several of the articles were railing on TFB pretty good for the whole Honor Guard coverup deal. I'll carry a more unknown gun IF it is reliable after I put it through its paces. But it is not like I don't have backups.

(Lackawanna County)

I applaud Patrick for not only airing this out but proving it in his video. He got a subscriber because of it. Integrity at its finest

Just a follow up about this issue. It appears the company has been aware of this but has decided to double down and do absolutely nothing about it except to boast how much better it is then Glock, S&W, Walther and ever other SS pistol on the market.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...p-safe-issues/

I also found this in the comments which is pretty interesting proving they knew about this before these videos hit the interwebs because it happened to a customer of theirs who speaks about it in the below link starting from the 3rd post down.

Mort says:
    December 20, 2017 at 16:46
    https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/he...-safe.1664586/

It happened to someone this Spring. Here is a credible report of an actual Honor Defense dropped discharge. The man’s name is Bob… read the thread, very scary. He sent the pistol back to Honor. They knew about this. They know about it. They are in denial mode… and the best we can hope for is someone doesnt get killed or maimed.

Read the thread. The guy is reluctant to slander the maker by prematurely identifying it, so he asks questions. He describes the discharge (fkn yikes). Then he says he alerted Honor and sent the gun back.

Be safe.
    Last edited by Hodgie; January 14th, 2018 at 08:57 PM.

(Chester County)

If you can't get your Tupperware gun to fire hitting it with a hammer you need to get a bigger hammer.

Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Well the gentleman on GlockTalk talk didn't hit his with a hammer his wife dropped it by accident and it shot through his truck door and roof.

(York County)

There are plenty of 'em out there time-tested that basically no level abuse will make them fire unintentionally. My stance is pretty uncompromising: one should be able to drop it off a 10 story building onto concrete and nothing happens. Not worth taking a chance with even the -hint- of a problem, much less clear evidence like this one seems to have.
    DGAF