Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Suspects wanted in Pennsylvania gun store heist that netted 72 handguns

guns.com/2017/11/23/suspects-wanted-in-pennsylvania-gun-store-heist-that-netted-72-handguns/

Authorities in Lancaster County are looking for three individuals regarding the Saturday night burglary of Kinsey’s Outdoors in Mount Joy Township.

The Northwest Regional Police Department, in conjunction with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives are investigating the weekend theft which, though officers responded to an alarm within four minutes, resulted in the loss of 72 handguns from the Pennsylvania firearms retailer.

According to a release, the suspects entered the store by smashing the front doors of the business then removed the handguns after smashing display cases. Clad in masks and gloves, the suspects used a rolling suitcase to leave with the firearms.

Lancaster County District Attorney Craig Stedman described the crime as “extremely alarming and serious,” saying he could not recall an instance where an equivalent number of guns were stolen at the same time in the county.

The ATF, in conjunction with the National Shooting Sports Foundation, is offering a $10,000 reward for information on the theft and is directing those with tips to call police at 717-367-8481 or the ATF at 888-ATF-GUNS.

According to federal regulators, 7,488 firearms were reported stolen from federally licensed dealers last year but only 166 of those were in taken during burglaries in Pennsylvania. The state saw 208 guns stolen in 2015.
    Gun Owners of America lifetime member! Same sex marriage is an oxymoron!

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Suspects wanted in Pennsylvania gun store heist that netted 72 handguns

If you owned a gun shop, wouldn't you be more careful with your guns when the store is closed?
    Put them in a safe, or at least have more secure doors.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Suspects wanted in Pennsylvania gun store heist that netted 72 handguns

Yeah,if you are going to leave the guns on display then the shop has to be impenetrable.It sounds like those jokers just needed to kick the front door in.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Remington788 View Post
    If you owned a gun shop, wouldn't you be more careful with your guns when the store is closed?
    You betcha!

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Montgomery County)

You never see a jewelry store leave its real inventory on display when closed.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by Remington788 View Post
    Sure I would like to see Cabela's or the like put away 400-600 handguns every night and take them out every morning. Let alone a small LGS doing 200 or so. Better to have bars on the doors and windows.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

(Allegheny County)

I think I recognize the one on the left. Looks just like the shadow my bradford pear makes on my sidewalk. I think we have a rouge band of shrubberys commiting heists.

(Lehigh County)

Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyg101 View Post
    So these are really the best pictures they had? I thought I could recognize the guy on the left but I am not 100% sure since his legs are so blurry.

(Philadelphia County)

Lol,would any better photos get us around the masks and gloves the thieves are wearing ?
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast