Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Iron City Armory delaired Chapter 11 bankrupsy.

Saw this coming. When friends kept telling me that he couldn't order them a Blue Lable gun I knew that he wasn't paying Amchar and they wouldn't let him order any more.

http://www.post-gazette.com/business...s/201711250057

Bridgeville gun dealer, range files Chapter 11

A Bridgeville gun dealer and practice range is reorganizing financially after declaring bankruptcy under Chapter 11 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code. Iron City Armory LLC cited assets ranging up to $50,000 and liabilities between $100,000 and $500,000, including $54,898 owed to firearms distributor Amchar Wholesale Inc. of Buffalo, N.Y., and $19,729 owed to Pittsburgh-based Lamar Advertising.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Iron City Armory delaired Chapter 11 bankrupsy.

wasn't he selling tires?? guess that don't pay the bills

(Washington County)

Good riddance. $65 to transfer a stripped lower, gtfo.

(Allegheny County)

If you can’t narrow down and specify your liabilities any tighter than $100K to $500k, you should never be permitted to run any kind of business ever again.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    If you can’t narrow down and specify your liabilities any tighter than $100K to $500k, you should never be permitted to run any kind of business ever again.

I believe that's just a range specified when filing

(York County)

Wow. I’d never gone to Iron City before, so I decided to pop in today. They had almost nothing in stock, and I was told that the owner is “trying a new strategy” where they direct order for you from their dealers instead of maintaining inventory on hand, so you’d have no option to handle/feel a gun before committing to purchase it (good luck with that...). I was then given the range membership sales pitch, which I found absurd, as there’s no chance I’d ever pay a $350 initiation fee + $35 a month for my spouse and I, when I’m already quite happy with my far far lower annual fee at PMSC.

I left baffled, wondering how anyone thinks they can run a successful gun shop like that... at which point I came across this thread. It all makes much more sense now. I’d hate to be someone who walks in there and drops $300+ to sign up for a membership without being aware of the bankruptcy proceedings.

Quote Originally Posted by Geez1234 View Post
    Wow. I’d never gone to Iron City before, so I decided to pop in today. They had almost nothing in stock, and I was told that the owner is “trying a new strategy” where they direct order for you from their dealers instead of maintaining inventory on hand, so you’d have no option to handle/feel a gun before committing to purchase it (good luck with that...). I was then given the range membership sales pitch, which I found absurd, as there’s no chance I’d ever pay a $350 initiation fee + $35 a month for my spouse and I, when I’m already quite happy with my far far lower annual fee at PMSC.

I left baffled, wondering how anyone thinks they can run a successful gun shop like that... at which point I came across this thread. It all makes much more sense now. I’d hate to be someone who walks in there and drops $300+ to sign up for a membership without being aware of the bankruptcy proceedings.
    It is plain to see why they are in bankruptcy court. Seems they are desperate to find a way to stay open. But without cash, it's going to be difficult to make money.

The owner is a moron. He swore that selling memberships to his range (Which by reliable reports has a malfunctioning HVAC system) would his golden ticket to be a millionaire. If margins weren't at least 50%, he was disinterested. I put together his entire blue label program HK, Sig, S&W, FNH, Glock, Springfield set him up for all of them. Once he figured out that there might be a $50-$100 per gun profit he grew disinterested and had no use for me.

I hate to see him in chapter 11 because he has several guns that he called "the crown jewels" that if he would just sell them (for what they are worth not what he paid), he could get himself out of debt.

(Allegheny County)

I use to belong to the range out in Bulger the old Greater Pitt. After putting up with one of his Yahoo employees telling me I couldn't park down by the 500 yard range I was done with them. This idiot thought that I should haul all my guns and ammo from the main parking lot to the range. Several times I was there, I was the only one shooting on that range, so there was no parking issues. I'm sorry I'm not leaving an expensive rifle on the range while I walk up to the club house to retrieve something from my car.

They called me a few months ago to renew and I declined their offer.

PMSC even though it's a ways out from the south hills it's looking like a far better option.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by duqjeep2010 View Post
    The owner is a moron. He swore that selling memberships to his range (Which by reliable reports has a malfunctioning HVAC system) would his golden ticket to be a millionaire. If margins weren't at least 50%, he was disinterested. I put together his entire blue label program HK, Sig, S&W, FNH, Glock, Springfield set him up for all of them. Once he figured out that there might be a $50-$100 per gun profit he grew disinterested and had no use for me.

I hate to see him in chapter 11 because he has several guns that he called "the crown jewels" that if he would just sell them (for what they are worth not what he paid), he could get himself out of debt.
    You mean the $5000 "custom bench rest Mauser"?
    Or is it the $1050 DPMS Oracle?
    Or the MP5 clones that he wants some ridiculous amount for?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast