Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Bill introduced to ban magazine capacity greater than 10

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post
    This is what I was getting at in the Vegas shootings conspiracy thread. Rather than false flags, wouldn’t it be easier to vote for such legislation and say that calls and emails were 3-1 or 4-1 in favor of gun control. Both sides would believe them
    That might work in the Senate with legislators just starting a new term, but I don't know how well that would go over in the House where representatives are accountable every two years to a very small sliver of the population. A representative in Meridian, Mississippi doesn't answer to Massachusetts. He answers to the people in Meridian. The whole rest of the country could be clamoring for X, but if Meridian voters want Y, he's going to have to vote Y or he'll have plenty of explaining to do the next time he's in town. And if this pattern continues or this particular bill was damning enough, then he probably won't be a Congressman for very long. The government could alter polls and claim whatever it likes, but if enough locals talk they're going to realize they're getting strung along.

Maybe I just have too much faith in a system that's been corrupted over the centuries, but I don't see this as being all that easy to carry out. Congress could vote whichever way it wants, but it's going to end up paying the consequences for it.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lexington View Post
    That might work in the Senate with legislators just starting a new term, but I don't know how well that would go over in the House where representatives are accountable every two years to a very small sliver of the population. A representative in Meridian, Mississippi doesn't answer to Massachusetts. He answers to the people in Meridian. The whole rest of the country could be clamoring for X, but if Meridian voters want Y, he's going to have to vote Y or he'll have plenty of explaining to do the next time he's in town. And if this pattern continues or this particular bill was damning enough, then he probably won't be a Congressman for very long. The government could alter polls and claim whatever it likes, but if enough locals talk they're going to realize they're getting strung along.

Maybe I just have too much faith in a system that's been corrupted over the centuries, but I don't see this as being all that easy to carry out. Congress could vote whichever way it wants, but it's going to end up paying the consequences for it.
    Very well said.
    Everything that is wrong with our system can be corrected with a fully engaged, alert, VOTING population.
    The Framers knew what they were doing, and they also warned that the system only works if the People are actively engaged.

I listen to people bitch and moan about the system being controlled by a nefarious shadowy overlord.
    But those same people don't put in any effort to use the system we inherited to fix it.

No amount of Bloomberg money or Clinton criminality can stand up to an actively engaged VOTING population.
    The Tea Party already proved this.
    Trump already proved this.

It's time to shit or get off the pot.
    Get serious about defending our Republic, or sit back and watch it destroyed.
    It's a very simple choice, get involved now, or get plowed over later.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Chester County)

The bills DOES include "grandfathering":

“(ii) Clause (i) shall not apply to the possession of a large capacity ammunition feeding device otherwise lawfully possessed within the United States on or before the date of the enactment of this subsection.
    IANAL

(Beaver County)

The original Constitution only had people that had "skin in the game", (landowners) voting.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by john9001 View Post
    The original Constitution only had people that had "skin in the game", (landowners) voting.
    One could make a very convincing argument that people should earn the right to vote via military service or a civil service equivalent.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by tl_3237 View Post
    The bills DOES include "grandfathering":
    “(ii) Clause (i) shall not apply to the possession of a large capacity ammunition feeding device otherwise lawfully possessed within the United States on or before the date of the enactment of this subsection.
    Since they're neither serialized nor registered it's gonna be difficult to determine possession, no?

I think I'm gonna need a whole truckload of pineapples if this $#!% keeps up...

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    One could make a very convincing argument that people should earn the right to vote via military service or a civil service equivalent.
    Have a read of 'Starship Troopers' by Robert Heinlein...

I'm certainly a fan of the notion that voting is a privilege that must be earned, not a right.
    DGAF

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by KCJones View Post
    Have a read of 'Starship Troopers' by Robert Heinlein...
    I'm certainly a fan of the notion that voting is a privilege that must be earned, not a right.
    Read it many years ago.
    Heinlein is one of the all time greats.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    Read it many years ago.
    Heinlein is one of the all time greats.
    I went to college with his niece Linda in the late 80's and had the privilege of meeting him a couple times toward the end of his life. I was a poli-sci major and we had some interesting conversations about politics and political theory. He was quite solicitous to chat with a young, dumb kid who thought he had a clue. What he wrote (generally and in 'troopers' both) was no accident and had a lot of thought behind it. Truly a no-BS guy, and yes, one of the greats.
    DGAF

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by KCJones View Post
    I went to college with his niece Linda in the late 80's and had the privilege of meeting him a couple times toward the end of his life. I was a poli-sci major and we had some interesting conversations about politics and political theory. He was quite solicitous to chat with a young, dumb kid who thought he had a clue. What he wrote (generally and in 'troopers' both) was no accident and had a lot of thought behind it. Truly a no-BS guy, and yes, one of the greats.
    That is very cool.
    I would have enjoyed that discussion.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast