Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm still angry

Default I'm still angry

I finally sat down and took the time to watch World Trade Center and United 93. They're movies and I understand that, but they make you remember.

On september 11th I was 16 years old skipping school to take my drivers license test. About halfway through the test is when it happened...I didn't go back to school that day, I just drove around with my new found freedom....which looking back on it, I make myself sick. Here I was enjoying life while there were people dying from trying to save people's lives in those towers. On September 12 I felt the way that I do today and have every day since; angry. The reasons for my anger have changed over time though. At first I was angry at the people who caused the attacks, and I still am. Im even more angry at the people who have buried their heads in the sand and seem like they're choosing to forget that day. At school they were taking blood and if you were under 18 you had to get parental approval, so I ditched lunch and drove home to get the form signed.

I decided I wanted in the army, which is something my father told me never to do and was dead serious about it because of how it messed his life up. I can't get in because I had some surgeries on my arm that prevents me from even doing basic (I have plates that can't take any kind of weight on them because of how they had to put the screws in). It's been one of my biggest regrets but I have no control over it.

Are you like me? Are you still angry like I was on the 12th, and like I am today? I remember an english class where every person was wondering when we were going to war, students and teacher alike. Nowadays you'd get a classroom full of idiot kids who think there's no reason for the war and think anyone who thinks there is that they're an imbecile. Instead of remembering they're just blaming Bush when they should be blaming those pieces of trash who did it.i The news coverage this year was pathetic. Pathetic.

I'm still angry and I am not satisfied with anything less than what the people who died that day deserve.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: I'm still angry

by war, do you mean iraq?

if so... how exactly do you think that's relevant to 9/11?

if not, then disregard.

Kaos, I'm angry that we are supposedly at war with terrorists who would take our freedoms.

While fighting these terrorists, our governmenet has taken our freedom, while leaving our borders wide open, and prosecuting those who would stop the alien invasion.

Iraq was and is none of our concern.

At the very least, Saddam is dead, which was one of the major reasons for going over there, to depose him. And the WMD's that were never found( unless you count the yellow cake that was found years ago, but never mentioned until recently?).

So, to what purpose are we fighting in Iraq, while leaving our people undefended?

I applaud your patriotism, but I am more concerned with what our government is doing than some cave dwellers half the world away.

Let's not get started on the NAU.

Im upset that we, the greatest nation on earth, haven't captured Bin Laden yet (if he's still alive). I don't think Iraq was any of our concern beyond maybe chasing down a few groups that may have been hiding there. We aren't the worlds police. And I agree completely that they're walking on our rights for the sake of security.

Im still very angry though that people are acting as if 9/11 never happened.

I was eating lunch and someone cracked some kind of joke about the people who had jumped from the towers and it took everything in me not to react to that.

This isn't about the Iraq war, that's a whole other topic. This is about the American people forgetting what happened, and the Politicians for diverting our Armed forces to places they shouldnt have when we still haven't held the people responsible accountable yet.

(Luzerne County)

The Iraq war is part of 9/11. Muslim Extremists were responsible and that is who we are currently killing in Iraq. We took the battlefield right into the middle of the muslim world. We fully liberated a country from tyranny. Once they can govern and protect themselves, we have a new ally right in the middle of the muslim world. 50 years from now, George W. Bush will be looked back upon as a great president that stood by his guns and made the correct decisions.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Kaos,

This thread might help ease your pain a bit. Just a couple of forum members getting together sharing their pain.

http://www.pafoa.org/forum/general-2...9-11-01-a.html

Some say the atrocities during the Nazi regime never happened either.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    Some say the atrocities during the Nazi regime never happened either.
    I know now how my grandmother felt when she first came to the country and people here were saying it never happened and she was there living through it. She saw first hand what the Nazis did to those who sympathized with the Jews.

I to am still very angry i am finding. One thing that is comforting is know that if it comes here again i will ready to send them to whatever god they believe in.
    Freedom is paid with the blood of those who understand what being free really means. (Me)

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - 1775 Benjamin Franklin

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshin View Post
    I know now how my grandmother felt when she first came to the country and people here were saying it never happened and she was there living through it. She saw first hand what the Nazis did to those who sympathized with the Jews.

I to am still very angry i am finding. One thing that is comforting is know that if it comes here again i will ready to send them to whatever god they believe in.
    Maybe I am evil, but I am thinking that whenever I get on a plane again I will be carrying some bacon in my carry-on bag so that if the unthinkable happens I can make sure they are touched with it before they die. I want them to realize there is no heaven for cowards.

To say Iraq is totally unrelated to 9/11 is like saying that the battles in France durring WWII had nothing to do with Nazi Germany. Al-qaida had a network in Iraq and we uncovered it and are killing them. An entire nation is begining to take their destiny into their own hands and developing their own form of a democratic/parlimentary republic. We have effectively surrounded Iran with free people who can be a beacon of hope and an example that if needed we will assist those that stand up to tyranny (think Iran). The no WMD claim is bogus. Iraq used them in the past, had them documented in the 90s and had no evidence that they had been destroyed. I guess 18 months isn't enough time to get them out of the country to allies or people with a common enemy (that enemy being US). I guess the 550 metric tons of highly enriched uranium that was recently (I think it was in June or July) shipped to Canada was for all their nuclear reactors. What? They didn't have any? What was the highly enriched uranium for then? I guess Iran couldn't have gotten any of those WMD or Syria or Lybia. You know though lack of proof is proof they never existed. Except wait, there was proof. Damn it. That argument just has too many holes to stand up.

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

I think us focusng all of out energy on Iraq is totally bullshit. Afganistan, and Pakastan are more likely targets but most of our troops are in Iraq.

"bringing democracy to Iraq" is the bigest load of bullshit I have ever heard. If you're going to fight a war then do it right. Read Larrymyers thread from his son it you want to know how fucked up this whole situation is. I just hope he dosn't have to lose a member of his family for nothing.

There is no fucking reason our sons have to die in that shit hole country.

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by P-11 shooter View Post
    I think us focusng all of out energy on Iraq is totally bullshit. Afganistan, and Pakastan are more likely targets but most of our troops are in Iraq.

"bringing democracy to Iraq" is the bigest load of bullshit I have ever heard. If you're going to fight a war then do it right. Read Larrymyers thread from his son it you want to know how fucked up this whole situation is. I just hope he dosn't have to lose a member of his family for nothing.

There is no fucking reason our sons have to die in that shit hole country.
    I read and had a pretty long response. I also hope he doesn't have to loose his grandson, but the problem is that we (the American Citizen or even the soldier on the ground over there) do not know what that country is like. We only see what the media shows us and our soldiers by nature of what they are doing to not get to see the areas of peace they have secured. There are lots of reasons for us to be involved there. We can talk about that in another thread, but I've replied to Larry's grandson's e-mail in that thread. My BIL is there and I know what his wife is going through. He is a Combat Engineer so I know what it is like to have family in the thick of shit. I can't begin to know what it is like to be there though and will not begin to try to say I do. I will say though that being in hostile areas and facing hostiles can give one a warped sense of reality. Have we accomplished nothing there? Have we done nothing worth doing there? Are we any better as a people if we sit here and say "That's not my business" and do nothing? Is that any different than seeing a drunken man abusing his family and just sitting by doing nothing?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast