Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default Can I get my ltcf back...?

I'm looking for some input on if I can get my ltcf back. A couple years ago, 3 maybe. I got into some trouble. The charges were a harassment charge and a simple assault charge. I was able to go through ARD and completed the program to have my record expunged. My license was revoked at the time of the incident. The letter said it was revoked until the issues was "resolved" which I'm sure that's how they are all worded. It's been going on a year now that I have completed the program and would like to get my LTCF back. So the question is will I be able to?

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Can I get my ltcf back...?

Try a lawyer. Not trying to be a smartass, but if you don't do it correctly, you probably will never get it back. I think it's a one shot deal.

Depends on the details. Courts would probably back a sheriff who decided that someone unable to control his fists shouldn't carry a handgun; at the same time, they'd likely reject a decision to deny someone who was just verbally rude under circumstances that might provoke anyone.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(York County)

i can definitely talk to a lawyer, but I guess they way I'm thinking is if my record has been expunged and I reapply for my ltcf there shouldn't be anything on my record to say I'm ineligible to obtain a license. Like I said according to the letter I received T the time of revocation, "until this matter is resolved " which it has been. No conviction, no guilty plea, so what exactly could go wrong if I reapply. Just trying to get as much info as I can before I decide to spend money on a lawyer. If there's a great possibility that I would get my ltcf. ask I'll get a lawyer however if my chances are slim to none that I don't want to waste my time right now. Money is tight right now

Quote Originally Posted by m&pshooter View Post
    i can definitely talk to a lawyer, but I guess they way I'm thinking is if my record has been expunged and I reapply for my ltcf there shouldn't be anything on my record to say I'm ineligible to obtain a license. Like I said according to the letter I received T the time of revocation, "until this matter is resolved " which it has been. No conviction, no guilty plea, so what exactly could go wrong if I reapply. Just trying to get as much info as I can before I decide to spend money on a lawyer. If there's a great possibility that I would get my ltcf. ask I'll get a lawyer however if my chances are slim to none that I don't want to waste my time right now. Money is tight right now
    The issuing authority knows why they revoked your LTCF, even if that reason was expunged from the Common Pleas and State Police records.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(York County)

That was the answer I was afraid of and honestly expecting.

(Tioga County)

Assuming you had a lawyer for the charges. I would touch base with him to insure your record was indeed cleared. Sometimes that falls though the cracks and it's still there.
    USNRET '61-'81

(Berks County)

Is the expungement for all convicted charges? I would first confirm the expungement did go through and then apply. You wont be able to fight it until you actually get denied. After the denial is time to keep appealing and fighting it. On the application though be sure to be truthful w your answers on that in itself will be used against you instead of the mentioned incident and its resolution. Afterwards if you are still denied then its time to get a lawyer and press further.

Just to add, I recently went through a years worth of denials and appeals to get mine straightened out. Bunch of bs on there part. Had an arrest in 1991 (25 years ago) that was showing in there system, however since it was so old the results of which were in some warehouse. They kept requesting the court documents but would not get them in there specified time period and then would deny me because there time period expired. Took me 6 months of appeals and crap just to find out what this was about and another 6 months to actually get it straightened out followed by a year of having to hand over this denial reversal letter (my letter of shame) every time I got a permit or bought a gun. And I served in the military, leo and had an ltcf throughout this 25 years
    Last edited by PhillySoldier; October 11th, 2017 at 08:36 AM.