Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Ike got us down

Default Ike got us down

Well Ike did its damage in my area, presently we have dsl up and powered by a 12V power inverter, but the freezer and anything in the fridge is gone... we probably wont have power in my area till thursday and they say maybe as later as Saturday...

All in all, a few pieces of flashing came off the house, no power for a few days, a couple scratches on the car... probably between $500 to 750 in loss from Ike, unexpected purchases of ice and camping gear... $200 seems like ill never get that new 1911 i want!

A pic of me shooting at IKE a few hours before he gt to my house... Sunday Skeet shoot... I must have pissed him off...
    Anyways. all we can do now is wait.. They said saturday... Thats a fn long time considering we have "extra trucks" in Texas fixing ppl up there...

So I wont be on too much till then...

See you soon. Frenchy
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Somerset County)

Default Re: Ike got us down

Most importantly, YOU and your family are all right.

See, that there Skeet is evil
    This space open for sponsorship

(Allegheny County)

Glad U posted this.
    Now I understand why I haven't gotten a reply to my PM.

Sucks about the electricity. We were fortunate to have ours restored within 2 hours.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Damn it Frenchy! You've angered the rain gods! Somebody must've drawn a rain turtle*

We just got our poewr back today and it was not fun. We have a well, so the no running water thing was the worst part along with no internets.

Just rember folks that as we sit snug in our well lit houses there are many people that will be without power for a while. I know my brother still has no power an dneither does Michele. Of course she has a whole house generator so she dosn't count

But many people are in the dark (quite literally) and I'm sure some don't have water either. Lets keep them in our thoughts and prayers.

*My infantry buddy just told me about the rain turtle. Aparently if you draw a turtle in the dirt and add liquid and you will get rain. I'm not sure if there's a wind turtle

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    Well Ike did its damage in my area, presently we have dsl up and powered by a 12V power inverter, but the freezer and anything in the fridge is gone... we probably wont have power in my area till thursday and they say maybe as later as Saturday...

All in all, a few pieces of flashing came off the house, no power for a few days, a couple scratches on the car... probably between $500 to 750 in loss from Ike, unexpected purchases of ice and camping gear... $200 seems like ill never get that new 1911 i want!

A pic of me shooting at IKE a few hours before he gt to my house... Sunday Skeet shoot... I must have pissed him off...
    Anyways. all we can do now is wait.. They said saturday... Thats a fn long time considering we have "extra trucks" in Texas fixing ppl up there...

So I wont be on too much till then...

See you soon. Frenchy

At least on the pic... I did hit the bird as you can see parts of it in the red outlines...

That was you IKE!!! Bang bang your dead! (ike the hurricane of course)
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Mine went out at 9:30 Sunday night.

Thank goodness I have huge natural gas generator. So there were no ill effects here. The cable/internet did go out about 3 hours after the electric did but went back on Monday night.

Electric was finally restored at 1am Thursday morning.

TOOK THEM LONG ENOUGH!