Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Comunale's Italian Market

Anyone here ever shop at Comunale's Italian Market in Mount Bethel?

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Comunale's Italian Market

Quote Originally Posted by NEAHS View Post
    Anyone here ever shop at Comunale's Italian Market in Mount Bethel?
    Very popular name in the slate belt. Doug Comunale was a local athlete killed in a car wreck. Really good athlete and I think Bangor's wrestling tournement is in his honor.
    I'll have to check it out. How cool is that, get a hoagie and a Ruger...........

I thought this was an off topic post but just saw their website....I gotta check this place out! Reminds me of a pharmacy in Lancaster...pharmacy out front - FFL dealer in the back!

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Seabee CO View Post
    I thought this was an off topic post but just saw their website....I gotta check this place out! Reminds me of a pharmacy in Lancaster...pharmacy out front - FFL dealer in the back!
    That would be Smithgalls pharmacy. You should see Charley's ordnance! (cannons) I just looked and remember when Comunales was a furniture & gun store. Seemed like a decent guy back then. Prices ans selection were decent, but not exceptional. I may have to stop by next time I get up that way.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Northampton County)

I been there don't waste your time. It used to be Mt. Bethel furniture store and gun shop. Same owner, just declared bankruptcy and restructured. The guy is an ass. He insults your intelligence and talks down to customers. I was in there once and he was talking to a guy about shooting down Black Helicopters with a Barrett 50. I almost bought something there once until he said the background check would be $25. Not a transfer but BACKGROUND CHECK. Don't waste your time. Alot of overpriced merchandise.

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by nashorn View Post
    I been there don't waste your time. It used to be Mt. Bethel furniture store and gun shop. Same owner, just declared bankruptcy and restructured. The guy is an ass. He insults your intelligence and talks down to customers. I was in there once and he was talking to a guy about shooting down Black Helicopters with a Barrett 50. I almost bought something there once until he said the background check would be $25. Not a transfer but BACKGROUND CHECK. Don't waste your time. Alot of overpriced merchandise.
    $25 ! nothing like getting your last buck !

(Northampton County)

Owner hasalways been pleasant and fair on prices. Makes a good sandwich !!

(Northampton County)

I see you live on Vine street in Mt. Bethel up the street from the shop. I suppose you are related to him. Jim will treat you like a dumb ass, like he is an Einstein in the gun field he told me the Blue Sky stamp on the carbine gun barrels ruined the accuracy on the guns. That's why they are junk. He should stick to making meatball sandwiches and Italian wedding soup.

Well....it is kinda funny you are calling him a dumbass for saying the blue sky stamps on the barrels threw off the accuracy because you are now coming off as the dumbass. It has been well known in the surplus market for years that they did trash many barrels with an overzealous amount of pressure when applying the roll stamps causing egg shaped barrels. Not all more than a few though. Just a quick Google search and many, many posts on forums come up concerning the subject including pictures of the results of slugging the bores. I've never had any issues with the owner, and found him to be quite fair.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by nattcmars View Post
    Well....it is kinda funny you are calling him a dumbass for saying the blue sky stamps on the barrels threw off the accuracy because you are now coming off as the dumbass. It has been well known in the surplus market for years that they did trash many barrels with an overzealous amount of pressure when applying the roll stamps causing egg shaped barrels. Not all more than a few though. Just a quick Google search and many, many posts on forums come up concerning the subject including pictures of the results of slugging the bores. I've never had any issues with the owner, and found him to be quite fair.

FUDDS like you shouldn't believe everything you see on the internet. You my friend should stick with Airsoft and Italian sausage.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast