Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default A Good LTCF Experience!?

It was finally time to renew my LTCF.. it expires in October so I decided to start early. I went in with my application and the other illegal requirement expecting to wait the full 45 days.. but the deputy let me know that my background check had already gone through. He asked if I wanted to pick the ltcf right then. Of course I said yes. The only thing I can think of is that about 3 weeks ago I bought a pistol from a local ffl. When I asked him he said they were using a "new system".

So I guess if its coming up time for renewal go buy a gun?

Default Re: A Good LTCF Experience!?

I wish Delco would get out of the stone age when it comes to renewing the LTCF process. I swear they maintain it the way it is just to keep these bitter old women employed.

Quote Originally Posted by puro View Post
    It was finally time to renew my LTCF.. it expires in October so I decided to start early. I went in with my application and the other illegal requirement expecting to wait the full 45 days.. but the deputy let me know that my background check had already gone through. He asked if I wanted to pick the ltcf right then. Of course I said yes. The only thing I can think of is that about 3 weeks ago I bought a pistol from a local ffl. When I asked him he said they were using a "new system".

So I guess if its coming up time for renewal go buy a gun?
    This was at the Monroe County Sheriff's office?

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by SIGFAN86 View Post
    This was at the Monroe County Sheriff's office?
    Hard to believe, but could be. I've heard people getting processed quicker but this is first I've heard a near instant approval.

Dropped off my renewal app yesterday. Two women helping at the counter now instead of just the deputy. Always other people there submitting applications or picking up. With that many applications it would be in their best interest to streamline and expedite things. I was told 30-45 days. We'll see.

Yes, sorry for the late reply I didn't get any notifications. I was shocked.

(Monroe County)

I dropped off my stuff at Stroudsburg courthouse and the lady said we can't accept this because one of my references were out of the county. She said I could talk to the sheriff. The sheriff wasn't there so I talked with some other guy maybe a detective, he said since its a renewal they would accept it. they never contacted either reference and got the approval in about 10 days.
    "fom my cold dead hands"

(Monroe County)

I stopped in Monroe County yesterday for my renewal. I had gotten my reminder in the mail. I took in the illegal tax form. They said they no longer needed that, so I left with it. Both my references were from out of county and no comment was made to me about it. I walked out of there in about 10 minutes with my new permit in hand. I must say, good to see them doing it right. Of course this was my fourth renewal in Monroe, so it took a while to get there. Overall, it was a quick and painless renewal and i'm set until 2023.

AJ

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by hipowr View Post
    I stopped in Monroe County yesterday for my renewal. I had gotten my reminder in the mail. I took in the illegal tax form. They said they no longer needed that, so I left with it. Both my references were from out of county and no comment was made to me about it. I walked out of there in about 10 minutes with my new permit in hand. I must say, good to see them doing it right. Of course this was my fourth renewal in Monroe, so it took a while to get there. Overall, it was a quick and painless renewal and i'm set until 2023.

AJ

What?!?! You handed in your application, they took your pic and handed you a new permit right away??

(Monroe County)

my brother applied for his and 2 weeks later he got the letter to pick it up. it seems no more 30-45 days like it use to be.
    Last edited by eddie412; September 1st, 2017 at 09:27 AM.

(Wayne County)

Is it election time again?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast