Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default SGL#127 GOULDSBORO State Run Shooting Range is OPEN!

Buddy at work just called to confirm.
    Me, him, and another friend will prolly be going this week!
    Gary in Pennsylvania
    -------------------------------
    “No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent.” Eleanor Roosevelt
    “Argue For Your Limitations……And Sure Enough, They’re Yours.” Messiah's Handbook
    “The unexamined life is not worth living.” Socrates 399BC

(Wayne County)

Cool Re: SGL#127 GOULDSBORO State Run Shooting Range is OPEN!

Thanks Gary I`m moving to Sterling on Friday and gouldsboro is real close. I`ll be going early am when I do go to stay away from yah hoos. I`m up every morning at 5 old habits hard to break.

Qtrborecrazy

(Cambria County)

Default Re: SGL#127 GOULDSBORO State Run Shooting Range is OPEN!

Just remember the 3 in a rifle and 6 in a handgun limit and read the rules real well. WaCO's in my area like to fine the shit out of you for little things... Friendly reminder and stay safe!

CMS

(Monroe County)

That's good to hear. I was gettin worried from the other posts of other ranges not reopening. Can't wait to get my son up there to try out the Marlin Papoose I got him for his birthday this past weekend.

(York County)

See, I've been saying all along that it's not a conspiracy hatched by Fast Eddie. Most every single one near me that was closed has reopened.

Dave
    3%

I am so glad to being proven wrong about the SGL ranges reopening. I am one of those who feel there are reasons beyond those stated by PGC as to why the ranges were closing. Can't say I'm completely convinced yet but it's certainly leaning towards I got it wrong. For those of you about to try out the new range, I'm jealous! But do go and have a fine time of it and let us know how you like it. Now if we can just get Noximixon reopened after several years of closure.

While its cool they are open again that STUPID rule about 3 rounds in a rifle just pisses me off. Most of my rifles are hi-cap mag weapons and to only shoot 3 rounds before reloading really sucks ass.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by cms81586 View Post
    Just remember the 3 in a rifle and 6 in a handgun limit and read the rules real well. WaCO's in my area like to fine the shit out of you for little things... Friendly reminder and stay safe!

CMS

HUH????
    I didn't know about this. And my Google-Fu was weak last night.......I couldn't find a list of the rules.

But, seeing DC Dalton's reply.....does the rule say that "No more than 3 rounds in a rifle at a time & 6 in a handgun." ??????

6?? Even for a semi-autos??

And can anyone please post a link to the rules?

Thanks!
    Gary in Pennsylvania
    -------------------------------
    “No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent.” Eleanor Roosevelt
    “Argue For Your Limitations……And Sure Enough, They’re Yours.” Messiah's Handbook
    “The unexamined life is not worth living.” Socrates 399BC

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    While its cool they are open again that STUPID rule about 3 rounds in a rifle just pisses me off. Most of my rifles are hi-cap mag weapons and to only shoot 3 rounds before reloading really sucks ass.
    I know just how you feel, used to feel the same way once. I got to thinking about one ride home awhile back. Since we can't fight it we have to live with it. And in some respects it does make sense to limit rounds. We've all seen the clowns with guns there...IMO I want them limited. Banned would be better, but who's gonna kick them out? I find that I place my shots slower and therefore more precisely....I savor the few I have. Please correct me if I'm wrong but since the ranges are paid for by hunters I figure they were meant for hunters (which is why I refrain from going during pre-season). Hunters use mandated limits in the field, ergo limited rounds at the ranges.
    But yeah....there are times I just want to get back to that old dump/quarry on the edge of the Everglades and shoot like bullets are free and I'm the only living thing on earth.

Now, take that anger at the limits, a situation that isn't going to change, and apply it towards those who wish to banish our guns from the face of the earth. Use it to fight back and keep our rights solidly in place. If they get their way your mag limit will be zero. If you are allowed to own a gun it will be disassembled, in a locked box and stored in a government facility and you'll have to sign it out....and they might let you have 3 bullets.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gary in Pennsylvania View Post
    HUH????
    I didn't know about this. And my Google-Fu was weak last night.......I couldn't find a list of the rules.

But, seeing DC Dalton's reply.....does the rule say that "No more than 3 rounds in a rifle at a time & 6 in a handgun." ??????

6?? Even for a semi-autos??

And can anyone please post a link to the rules?

Thanks!
    the archbald range has those rules posted right in front of the handgun range, plus a couple of othe rrules i can't remember. does anyone know if that one's open yet, by the way? nevermind, i'm taking a drive up today to check.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast