Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Pitcairn-Monroeville Sportsman's Club members...

Hey,

Any of you PMSC guys interested in meeting up before or at the next meeting? (Wed., March 7th)

It would be nice to meet everyone in person. (and learn their "secret identities"!)

You'd be surprised to find that I'm very much the 6' tall, all-knowing, firearms expert/ultimate hunter, drill intructor type of "women want to be with him-men want be him", "man-among-men" that you think I am from reading my posts. (OK stop laughing now Todd!)

No, really... all kidding aside, It would be great to meet you guys!
    Besides, if Dan sends them out in time, I'll have some pafoa STICKERS to give to all of you!
    (As if meeting ME wasn't incentive enough! Ha! Ha!)

When the weather warms up, we should also pick a day to do a group shoot.
    Or, for you pansies we could meet to shoot indoors instead of waiting for the snow to melt!
    Makes no difference to me... 7º, 33º, 55º, just give me reason to shoot and I'll be there!
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Beaver County)

Default Re: Pitcairn-Monroeville Sportsman's Club members...

I don't know what you want to meet up for, but there is a bunch of us pistol shooters (indoors now but we do have a match coming up the first Sunday of March), that meet on Thursdays from 6pm on, at our indoor pistol range. Your more than welcome to come or even on the first sunday of the month we have all you can eat breakfast then go shoot our CMP course of fire, then shoot the IPSC match. I'm sure we'll find time to talk .

(Allegheny County)

I KNOW you're out there...

(Allegheny County)

What / Where were ya thinkn'?
    "Ya only need legs to kick ass baby boy" - Bartender in Feast III

(Lawrence County)

I don't know what you want to meet up for, but there is a bunch of us pistol shooters (indoors now but we do have a match coming up the first Sunday of March),
    The Section meeting is March 4th after the match at 2pm. Many members and people there who could benefit from the PFOA info.

I may, or may not, make it do to family committments.

(Allegheny County)

If I were a memeber, I could probably meet for dinner or something in the area. I'd love to join that club...If I showed up at the meeting and begged, do you think they would give it consideration? I think LittleRedToyota is a member there, and he would probably "sponsor" me if need be. We are from the same home town of St. Marys, Pa. Otherwise, I don't know anyone personally that belongs to that range. I used to shoot at Greater Pitt...and I would like a new club closer to where I live (near Sq. Hill).

(Beaver County)

We don't require sponsors anymore. Come out on the first wed. of the month and we'll sign you up. Thats our meeting night. If you have any other questions, please contact me.

Quote Originally Posted by roland View Post
    We don't require sponsors anymore. Come out on the first wed. of the month and we'll sign you up. Thats our meeting night. If you have any other questions, please contact me.
    The website still says you need a sponsor, and the one point that keeps me away from there is they ask if you are a US citizen... Lat 2 places I went to that asked that had a policy to exclude all legal residents, permanent or not. At this point it becomes lesser problem since I moved further north and it would be much further to drive to. But at one time when i concidered going there, that one US citizen question stopped me from even wasting my time.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Beaver County)

Hey Frenchy, I believe the sponsorship statement has been removed, since it hasn't been enforced for the last 10 years. And with regards to being a US citezen, Its just a question, not a requirement. I can verify that PMSC hasn't turned down anyone who applied for membership. And I believe we have one none us citizen that is a member. Someone said in the forum that PMSC is a bunch of capitolist Pigs- Just want your 100. Thats a fair statement. But we also want all of our members to participate in their club.

(Allegheny County)

Hey Roland, I hope you understood my point there and that I wasn't calling the MEMBERS a "BUNCH" of "Capitolist Pigs!" that would be rude and not at all the point I was making.

The post you refer to was from back in December when someone had "issues" with some of the details in the wording of the membership "rules".
    I, too would have joined sooner if I knew that sponsorship wasn't required and I was simply trying to make the point that, like any "business" (Capitolist Pigs), the club needs members and is more interested in "growing" the membership than denying someone due to the lack of a "sponsor". Sheeesh!
    You see, I'm an Evil conservative and I'm very sarcastic, so I hope that others didn't read it the wrong way.

Here's the part of the post with my comment...
    Just wanted those who are unaware of the comment I made to see the rest of the post which includes an offer to show that person around the club.
    I've felt very welcome at PMSC since I joined and I agree with what you said (we also want all of our members to participate in their club.) and try to participate as well as offer my help in order to promote the shooting sports.

... I don't know you. Maybe we'd get along, maybe not. I can only tell you that I've run into plenty of great people there who are helpful and friendly.
    OK, Now that I'm done with that, let me say It's ultimately YOUR choice.
    My thought here is that you're reading WAY too much into this.
    All I can say is that they are "Capitolist Pigs" like so many of us, in that they REALLY are mostly interested in the cash you put in their hand! (sorta joking there!) I was worried about joining because the "rules" said you had to be "sponsored" by a member. I gave 'em a check for $100.00 and everyone was happy!

Relax, clean your gun and come check out the club.
    If you really are interested, let me know. I'm not recruiting, I'm just offering to show you around if you'd like.
    It really IS a good deal as far as cost to shoot is concerned.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast