Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Pittsburgh Regatta at Point State Park

I was going to hit up the Regatta today in Pittsburgh and when trying to find out more info I stumbled upon the info below. Is it legal for the city to do this??

"Also, anyone entering Point State Park will be subject to bag checks at Point State Park, according to city officials.
    Prohibited items include: alcohol, ammunition, drones, explosives, firearms, fireworks, grills, knives or razor blades, laser pointers, mace/pepper spray, pop-up tents, selfie sticks, structures, stun guns, tasers, toy guns, weapons of any kind, and “any other items determined to be potential safety hazards.”

source: http://www.post-gazette.com/life/rec...s/201708040139

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Pittsburgh Regatta at Point State Park

don't know if it is legal or not...
    I just walk to the top of my street to see what I can see

we tried to see some of the Flugtag..New to the Regatta, the Red Bull Flugtag consists of teams of five people who build homemade flying machines that are launched off a 22-foot high deck to see which can fly the furthest. Flugtag means “flying day” in German.

(Beaver County)

you will watch regatta and you will enjoy regatta on orders of high commissioner.

(Westmoreland County)

Legal or not, those cops (most of them anyways it seems) are just Dicks. Last time I went to the Regatta was about 15 years ago. They were selling beer on the docked Gateway clipper, so I went aboard and drank 1 beer.

I saw lots of people buying a beer on the boat and then going back to the park with a beer. I didn't realize that a beer was soooo illegal, so I got another beer and walked down the ramp to the park. As soon as I stepped off the ramp, 2 cops tackled me and 1 of them held me in a headlock while the other one screamed at me about the "No Alcohol in the park policy/law".

You would think I had just committed some violent felony!! And all the people there who saw this happen surely thought that is what I must have been guilty of. After bitching at me for about 5 minutes and giving me a field sobriety test, they told me to leave the park property. They said I was very lucky I didn't get taken away and cited. So I have never been to the Regatta since then.
    So as far as getting caught there with a firearm or ammo, whether their policy is legal or not, I would not even risk that, IMO.
    LUKE 11:21 == Proverbs 29:2 = Proverbs 25:28

(Wayne County)

"Also, anyone entering Point State Park will be subject to bag checks at Point State Park, according to city officials.
    Prohibited items include: alcohol, ammunition, drones, explosives, firearms, fireworks, grills, knives or razor blades, laser pointers, mace/pepper spray, pop-up tents, selfie sticks, structures, stun guns, tasers, toy guns, weapons of any kind, and “any other items determined to be potential safety hazards.”

WTF?!? Are they afraid that someone will come to the regatta armed with a shed?
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus