Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Tioga County)

Default New county permit

Hi All,

Recently moved to Carlisle from Williamsport. I have a valid Lycoming county LTCF. Just wondering if it's worthwhile/necessary to go down to the police here in cumberland county and get a new one issued with an updated address. I've heard a few horror stories on here about Cumberland county taking forever and I'm just curious if I want to get involved in all that mess while I still have a recently renewed permit or if I should wait until it's up for renewal again. Thanks.

-Term

Default Re: New county permit

My original LTCF was issued in Butler county. When we moved back to Armstrong, we just called to ask their preference. They said it was valid until expiration, so just wait until then to renew.

Not advising what you should do, except possibly calling your local Sheriff to ask their preference.

(Tioga County)

Your permit is good until it expired or revoked. You may inform your old sheriff's office of your change of address. That is to insure you get a renewal letter. If you feel you can keep track of that sort of thing I wouldn't bother.
    USNRET '61-'81

(Delaware County)

Moved from Montfort to Delco a few tears ago. Sheriff as PASP told me that no address change was required, but they did say I ought to quickly change my address on my DL so in the event I would ever be questioned it would be clear where my residence was. You can actually change your DL address on line. PA then sends you an address change card to be carried with your DL. No need to get a new DL until the current one expires.

Whoever told you Cumberland County takes forever must live in Cumberland County, Maryland. I've been a Cumberland County resident for 30 years and they have always been efficient and expedient. I was in last month to get my renewal and it took less than 10 minutes. It wouldn't have even taken that long if the civilian secretary hadn't been training a junior deputy on the processing of the application. All of the Sheriff's dept staffers were friendly, greeted us, engaged in small talk and could not have made the trip any easier.

As for your "valid Lycoming county LTCF"... total bullshit. My friend, what you have is a PENNSYLNAVIA LICENSE TO CARRY FIREARM, it says so right on the card in your wallet. Your LTCF is valid in any county of the Commonwealth. As far as I am aware there is no requirement to replace it when you move. In past years Cumberland County Sherriff's Dept has not made any change to the LTCF for change of residential address. What they will tell you is to make sure you drivers license is up to date and accurate.

Good luck and welcome to Cumberland County.

(Jefferson County)

There is NO way to change the address without revoking your LTCF. And once revoked, you would then have to apply at your new county sheriffs office.

While not required to, you should just call your old sheriff and ask to have your mailing address updated so a renewal notice can be sent to your new address. Upon renewal time, you would apply at your new sheriff.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by rwilson452 View Post
    You may inform your old sheriff's office of your change of address. That is to insure you get a renewal letter.

or a revocation letter if it occurs.