Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Tioga County)

Default Mechanicsburg Sportsmans Club

Hi all!

New guy here just moved into Carlisle with my wife from Williamsport. Anyone a member of this club or have any experiences? The wife and I are both shooters and looking
    to find a nice range for us however we don't really know anyone in the area and it says they require a member to recommend you to get in. Already looked into Carlisle gun club but their range looks very small and we're both concerned about actually getting any range time/ needing to wait all the time. Any info on the aforementioned would be greatly appreciated. I'd also love if someone had a better range/club recommendation. Thanks!

-Term

Default Re: Mechanicsburg Sportsmans Club

Another option for you to consider... PA Game Commission has a rifle and pistol range in Carlisle Springs (north of Carlisle). From the square of Carlisle go north on Rte 34 for approx. 6 miles. Turn left on 944 (Enola Rd). You'll see signs for the ranges about a half mile down the road on the right side.

You need to be a licensed hunter or buy a range permit from the Game Commission. Cost of either is about $20, which is about 1/4 of what you'll spend at Mechanicsburg for family membership, new member fee, and a gate fob. The hunting license or range permit from PGC also allows you to take one guest so your wife won't need to buy one.

If you still want to join Mechanicsburg, their membership meetings are the first Wed night on the month. Check the website to verify. Get to the meeting early and talk to the staff. Explain you're new to the area and need a sponsor. I think they'll find a way to help you.