Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default SCOTUS declines to hear gun rights case

We need that next seat. The Supreme Court declines to hear a case from Kalifornia where a sheriff refuses to issue gun permits without good cause and as far as he's concerned there is no good cause. Thomas and the newly appointed Gorsuch strongly dissented the decision to reject the case.

DECISION TO REJECT GUN RIGHTS APPEAL
    Published June 26, 2017 Fox News

Supreme Court lifts injunction on travel ban
    Justices Clarence Thomas and Neil Gorsuch issued a scathing dissent Monday to a Supreme Court decision turning away yet another gun rights case.

On a busy morning of decisions, the court on Monday rejected a challenge out of California regarding the right to carry guns outside their homes, leaving in place a San Diego sheriff's strict limits on issuing permits for concealed weapons.

But Thomas, in a dissent joined by Gorsuch, countered that the case raises “important questions” – and warned that Second Amendment disputes aren’t getting the attention they deserve from the Supreme Court.

“The Court’s decision … reflects a distressing trend: the treatment of the Second Amendment as a disfavored right,” they wrote.

Full story here...
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: SCOTUS declines to hear gun rights case

Let the liberals enjoy their temporary victory. Kennedy and Ginsberg won't be on the bench very much longer.

(Delaware County)

The San Diego ordinance remaining law just reinforces the anti carry policies of those states who only issue if you can demonstrate absolute need. We need the national reciprocity to pass now more than ever.

(Delaware County)

I an afraid that no matter who is on the Supreme Court, our guns rights will be eroded. Younger Republicans have no interest in gun rights.
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    I an afraid that no matter who is on the Supreme Court, our guns rights will be eroded. Younger Republicans have no interest in gun rights.

I am not saying our gun rights will not be eroded as it is a constant assault on them but the more and more I talk to young people the more I realize how pro gun they are. The vast majority I speak to are not only pro gun rights but anti AWB. They all have gotten into guns due to video games and go nuts at the chance to shoot real guns. Inevitably the conversation turns to them wanting to buy a gun. Educating them on the inability to buy an AR15 in NY or the nightmare permit process in NJ pisses them off. Then it's a matter of explaining who supports the laws, the foolishness of the laws and the way to fight them. So far it has made me hopeful for the future.