Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Cambria County)

Default Wierd Places to Carry? Do you carry?

OK, got a question for you. You say you carry all the time. But what about those places that take a bit more effort. Or that you just never thought about carry at before.

My question is this. Are there places that you go that you will break down and leave the pistol at home?

Example: I am a member of a local Ski Patrol and spend a lot of my free time skiing with friends and family. Now, I am torn as to whether or not to carry while skiing. It almost seem silly. But, If it can happen on your local street, it can happen in the lounge of a Ski Resort.

Are there places that you don't carry when you attend them? I'm not asking about places that forbid it. But places that seem odd too. Boating, Skiing, Biking, local swimming pool....
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Wierd Places to Carry? Do you carry?

I'm armed all the time, with the exception of when I'm in a swimming pool or the ocean.

IMO the only weird carry places are those that forbid it.
    Granted the swimming pool might be a tough one.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mtbkski View Post
    OK, got a question for you. You say you carry all the time. But what about those places that take a bit more effort. Or that you just never thought about carry at before.

My question is this. Are there places that you go that you will break down and leave the pistol at home?

Example: I am a member of a local Ski Patrol and spend a lot of my free time skiing with friends and family. Now, I am torn as to whether or not to carry while skiing. It almost seem silly. But, If it can happen on your local street, it can happen in the lounge of a Ski Resort.

Are there places that you don't carry when you attend them? I'm not asking about places that forbid it. But places that seem odd too. Boating, Skiing, Biking, local swimming pool....
    This summer my wife and I did a lot of riding, some of that riding took us into MD, & NJ, knowing I was going to be in those places I left it at home, although I felt naked when I did.

We also have a membership at a local swimming pool. We here at PAFOA did a group buy a while back of portable gun safes, I have one on my bike, in my car and my wifes car, even though I had a locker inside the locker room at the pool I kept the gun in the safe of the vehicle I used to get to the pool.

Otherwise, while in PA, or any other state my license (and Utah permit) allows, I carry at all times where allowed by law.

(Chester County)

I don't carry at all, maybe that doesn't allow me to respond here(?), however I get what you're saying. Just because it's allowed, does that mean you have to? Swimming, nah, camping, of course. I feel that being a smart gun owner means knowing when it's not smart to carry. Leaving your firearm under a beach towel or in a duffel bag isn't exactly the image anyone would like to perpetuate. If you can maintain control and security over your own property to a reasonably high level the entire time you are engaged in that activity, I would go for it, at least in my own life i mean.

(Cumberland County)

I don't think that I'd carry while skiing, when I am at the mountain, I am on the slopes and the gun would be most inacessible.

(Pike County)

The only time I do not carry is when I go to work, which is in the PRNJ, or there for some other reason, and places forbidden by law.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mtbkski View Post

If I can not carry I do not go, Only exception to my rule is my bank (second floor of Lehigh County Court House), then it gets checked.

(Allegheny County)

the only place i don't carry is when playing sports...and if i go to a state where it's not legal for me to carry--but i try to avoid that as much as i can.

but i never really go anywhere where carrying would be "weird" (at least to me).

(Chester County)

I don't carry on the rare occasion that I visit my mother's church in NJ. Aside from that one exclusion, I have carried without exception, every day since I acquired my LTCF. I feel odd without it on my hip - I've re-balanced all the crap in my pockets to accommodate my firearm, and I pull to the left if I don't have the pistol on to level me out. I'm no good wandering around in circles.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast