Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Cumberland County)

Default Croatian IMP PHP MV9

So CDNN has an auction going on and bids are up to almost $500. J&G is selling them for $199 in vg condition but no grips. Grips are available for them for $45. Worth it ? Odd gun but are they good ?

"Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Clearfield County)

Default Re: Croatian IMP PHP MV9

This isn't the kind of guy you buy because you intend to actually use it for something, this is the kind of gun you buy because you know damn well in 10 years when they go for $1000 on gunbroker you're going to be kicking yourself for not buying one.

(Lancaster County)

I've been meaning to pick one up... they are one of the most awkward and difficult to look at handguns I've seen but I agree, these are the kind of cheap guns that people find much more interesting when you can't get them anymore. Just committed to a P10c though so it will have to wait.

(Cumberland County)

Yup, wouldn't be a range or carry gun - just one of those "that's neat" purchase that would hopefully appreciate in value. Still debating thanks!
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Lancaster County)

It kind of makes me think of a Walther P38.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfin View Post
    It kind of makes me think of a Walther P38.
    Because it is, they basically married the p-38 and the beretta

(Berks County)

They eventually became the xd. First attempts at making handguns. The price is more than I want to pay. The guns were replaced quickly. That should tell you something. Now will collectors go all stupid on them?

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    They eventually became the xd. First attempts at making handguns. The price is more than I want to pay. The guns were replaced quickly. That should tell you something. Now will collectors go all stupid on them?
    You're the kind of guy that thinks nobody should buy a model t because they don't have air conditioning, aren't you?

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    What it tells me is that first they began with a model that emulated very successful designs which were proven over multiple decades, then next they went with something more contemporary in style that matched what the current market likes. I can find little for which to criticize a company for doing either of those things and in particular both in that order. To me that's being smart.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent