Quote Originally Posted by JCinPA View Post
Sorry for bumping an old thread, but it's better than starting a new one, I think. I need to go out there and pattern and reliability test my defense shotgun with 00-Buck. The rules say ...

Prohibited: (6) Load or discharge a firearm that contains more than six rounds of single projectile ammunition.

What the heck does that mean. I can't shoot multiple projectile ammunition? I don't want to get in trouble with any jack-booted ranger who's wife pissed in his cornflakes that morning dinging me for a rules violation.

My plan was to take it to the 25 yard range (even though I'd like to shoot closer, the rules don't allow for it as I read them).

Anybody know if I'm OK to pattern test 00-buck up to 6 rounds loaded? My gun won't hold more anyway, it's the nature of buckshot being multiple projectile ammunition. Unless that's what they're getting at, it's an awfully odd way to say things.

Thanks if anyone can clarify for me.

Cheers,

JC
I would not be surprised if your interpretation is correct. There used to be a shotgun range to the left side of the rifle/pistol range but the last time I was there (which has been years) I'm pretty sure that was closed.

ETA: If you go to the satellite view, you can see where the shotgun range used to be and it looks like the pistol backers are on the right side of the range now. Years ago they had them left and right and different distances.