Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: French Creek Park outdoor range

Quote Originally Posted by JCinPA View Post
    Sorry for bumping an old thread, but it's better than starting a new one, I think. I need to go out there and pattern and reliability test my defense shotgun with 00-Buck. The rules say ...

Prohibited: (6) Load or discharge a firearm that contains more than six rounds of single projectile ammunition.

What the heck does that mean. I can't shoot multiple projectile ammunition? I don't want to get in trouble with any jack-booted ranger who's wife pissed in his cornflakes that morning dinging me for a rules violation.

My plan was to take it to the 25 yard range (even though I'd like to shoot closer, the rules don't allow for it as I read them).

Anybody know if I'm OK to pattern test 00-buck up to 6 rounds loaded? My gun won't hold more anyway, it's the nature of buckshot being multiple projectile ammunition. Unless that's what they're getting at, it's an awfully odd way to say things.

Thanks if anyone can clarify for me.

Cheers,

JC
    I would not be surprised if your interpretation is correct. There used to be a shotgun range to the left side of the rifle/pistol range but the last time I was there (which has been years) I'm pretty sure that was closed.

ETA: If you go to the satellite view, you can see where the shotgun range used to be and it looks like the pistol backers are on the right side of the range now. Years ago they had them left and right and different distances.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Chester County)

Where did you find the rules? Do I need to actually go to the location and check whats posted there? I tried to find things online but couldn't

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Micon View Post
    Where did you find the rules? Do I need to actually go to the location and check whats posted there? I tried to find things online but couldn't
    A Google search yielded this https://www.pgc.pa.gov/HuntTrap/Stat...s/default.aspx

http://www.pacodeandbulletin.gov/Dis....html&d=reduce
    Sticks and stones will break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

(Chester County)

I don't know when the rules changed but I'm glad you can put 6 rounds on both rifle and pistol. It used to be 3 rounds for rifles and 6 for pistols.

(Chester County)

Thanks for the link. I was looking for something nicer, and I guess when I got to that second sub-page it looked like some really bad law-book type text and my eyes glazed over.
    I guess if it used to be less rounds thats good that its raised to 6. But that seems awful low. I know putting in a mag that holds 25 might be unreasonable on a semi auto, but 6 seems a little low. I just picked up Ruger 10/22 and a bunch of spare mags, and loaded them all up thinking I would go give it a try. Now I need to pull out four bullets from each magazine to be in compliance. For a 22 bolt that seems a little over-protective. Ah well, it isn't terrible. Just annoyed I have to unload magazines I just loaded!

(Delaware County)

Thanks for the link. I was looking for something nicer, and I guess when I got to that second sub-page it looked like some really bad law-book type text and my eyes glazed over.
    I guess if it used to be less rounds thats good that its raised to 6. But that seems awful low. I know putting in a mag that holds 25 might be unreasonable on a semi auto, but 6 seems a little low. I just picked up Ruger 10/22 and a bunch of spare mags, and loaded them all up thinking I would go give it a try. Now I need to pull out four bullets from each magazine to be in compliance. For a 22 bolt that seems a little over-protective. Ah well, it isn't terrible. Just annoyed I have to unload magazines I just loaded!
    Once you get there and see the nonsense that goes on, you might wish it was single shot instead of 6.
    Sticks and stones will break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

(Berks County)

The range is for hunters to site their rifles in and as far as I know you are not allowed to use semi-automatic rifles for hunting. Those range rules reflect this.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Philadelphia County)

I*m bringing a friend who is new to shooting.

Is it allowed to bring my own mobile freestanding target to set up at an intermediate distance on the pistol range? I*m afraid 25yds is not going to be very enjoyable for him on his first trip.

Obviously we would pack it away after we were done. A picture similar to what I*m considering is attached. 58F8B5F3-3AC4-4DB6-940F-F79D7C267A1F.jpg

Copy/Paste from the Game Commission Range Rules and edited (deleted all but the portion to answer your question).
    Link http://www.pacodeandbulletin.gov/Dis....html&d=reduce

§ 135.181. Rifle and handgun ranges.

(b) Prohibited acts. At a rifle and handgun range located on land under Commission ownership, lease or jurisdiction, except when authorized by the appropriate regional director or a designee, it is unlawful to:

(2) Discharge a firearm at any target other than a paper target placed on a permanent target backboard mounted by the Commission. Users are prohibited from intentionally shooting at or damaging the frames or stands constructed by the Commission to mount permanent target backboards.

(Chester County)

Anyone been there recently with ammo shortage? is it still the wild west? Need to re-sight a couple rifles and only long ranges around here I'm finding are for club members only.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast