Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Army Navy in Allentown

I sold a pistol to a member here who was told to "cover up" his OC in Army Navy in Whitehall by staff when we were there to do the transfer. Anyone else have a similar (or different) experience there?

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Army Navy in Allentown

My observation of A/N is that because of the location near many past armed robbery sites(incidents) and the Allentown "Gangsta" crowd, the employees are on guard for any armed heist. They did have weapons taken from them a few years ago.

You would get same employee response at The Firing Line (indoor public range), again in Whitehall area.

Don't take it personally.

I have been harassed by Whitehall PD for some very stupid things...some jackass threatened to write me a $100 ticket for an equiptment violation but was even more upset when I told him that he didn't know what he was talking about. Are you talking about the place by the mall that has the kyacks outside?

(Lehigh County)

Twenty years ago that was a good place to get a good price but I haven't been there in a very long time. There is a better place to by anything they sell now.
    The older I get, the better I used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by emsjeep View Post
    ............Are you talking about the place by the mall that has the kyacks outside?
    Yes, on Grape Street
    Bazinga

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by emsjeep View Post
    I have been harassed by Whitehall PD for some very stupid things...some jackass threatened to write me a $100 ticket for an equiptment violation but was even more upset when I told him that he didn't know what he was talking about. Are you talking about the place by the mall that has the kyacks outside?
    haha equipment violation? wtf? is that a summary offense or a traffic violation?

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    haha equipment violation? wtf? is that a summary offense or a traffic violation?
    Like a broken tail light or burnt out headlight
    Bazinga

there is a $100 fine (plus $7 tax) for illuminating off road lights on a public street, the same statute suggests that they be "covered" but the wording is such that the fine is only associated with turning them on...well, he wanted to write me for having them uncovered and I called Bullshit...he was mad that I didn't have a PA driver's lic. and threw my PBA card back through the window at me. I was pulled over outside the Applebees. It was cold out so after getting the pager from Aplebees we went back to sit in the car and wait for it to go off cause there was no room to sit/stand inside. Jerkoff comes speeding into the parking spot in front of me and sits in his car for 5 minutes (looking up the violation?) apparently he doesn't read too well...finally he comes up to my wondow and the shit show starts...he walks away, and my girlfriend mutters something like "asshole"...which he was.

Well when I walked in the one time and asked about a magazine for one of my gun's they asked if I had the gun on me, to which I replied of course. The guy went on to tell me that they do not allow customers with loaded guns in the building. So I took my business else where. This was about 3 years ago.

I had a horrifically bad experience at the gun counter there a few years back... I boycotted the place for a long while. I haven't made many purchases there since... mostly just a couple of transfers. My wife was there for the bad experience and she still refuses to enter the place.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast