Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Memorial Day

(Lawrence County)

Default Memorial Day

I don't know why but I feel compelled to make a post about this. Maybe it was some videos I watched that really struck a cord. Memorial Day is a holiday, some of us are enjoying a long weekend. I just want to remind us to take a moment and think about those that this holiday is for. Let's take some time and think about the men and women in our armed forces that gave their life for a cause they believed in, full Heartedly. Also I ask you think about the people that are missing people due to war. Parents, relatives, and "battle buddies" that never got to see that brave person come back home. I don't mean to bring you down, and I don't have close ties to people KIA but I just want everyone to take a second or two to remember those that gave the ultimate sacrifice.
    It seems highly necessary that some thing shou'd be done to maintain the liberty - G.W.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Memorial Day

Quote Originally Posted by waiting2burn View Post
    I don't know why but I feel compelled to make a post about this. Maybe it was some videos I watched that really struck a cord. Memorial Day is a holiday, some of us are enjoying a long weekend. I just want to remind us to take a moment and think about those that this holiday is for. Let's take some time and think about the men and women in our armed forces that gave their life for a cause they believed in, full Heartedly. Also I ask you think about the people that are missing people due to war. Parents, relatives, and "battle buddies" that never got to see that brave person come back home. I don't mean to bring you down, and I don't have close ties to people KIA but I just want everyone to take a second or two to remember those that gave the ultimate sacrifice.
    A gentle request for the public this weekend, especially on Monday:

Please don't thank me for my service this weekend. This is not my time. The ones to be honored this weekend gave far more in service than I.

Out.

Remember our Fallen !

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    A gentle request for the public this weekend, especially on Monday:

Please don't thank me for my service this weekend. This is not my time. The ones to be honored this weekend gave far more in service than I.

Out.
    A big plus one on this.
    For those who've never fought for it, the price of freedom shall never be known.

(Delaware County)

(Delaware County)

Semper Fi,

In a meager attempt to keep Memorial Day from being nothing but an excuse to party I do the following.

I have read too many of my buddies names on the Vietnam Wall to think of Memorial Day as a celebration.

When I go to such, here is what I say as the food is served:
    "I think we should take a minute to remember what this holiday is really about. It is not the beginning of summer. It is about honoring those who died for our country. Let's do that now for a silent minute, and I will tell you when the minute has passed. Then we can begin a good time."

(Erie County)

For 2017, Memorial Day weekend,

baseball teams playing wearing these caps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    ...there are the true Americans that believe man can govern him/her self. They believe that ingenuity, integrity, hard work, morals and values have merit. That the government is accountable to the people and not the other way around.

(Delaware County)

I was too young to know them but honoring two of my mom's first cousins who were KIA in Vietnam within two months of one another in 1966, one a 21 y/o Marine Corps 0311 Rifleman Corporal, the other a 29 y/o Marine Corps 1311 Combat Engineer Staff Sergeant posthumously promoted to Gunnery Sergeant.
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Allegheny County)

Finally - a mention of Memorial day.

Unfortunately I'm out working, but I did put out a flag and pause to reflect this morning.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast