Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default striker fired pistol triggers

Was at one of the rather larger LGS's today and finally got to test the triggers of an M&P9 2.0 and a Ruger American.

The Ruger American trigger was quite serviceable. Much better than the SR series and kind of reminded me of an HK VP9 but without as strong a trigger return spring.

The M&P 2.0 trigger is MUCH better than that of the original series and felt very close to the Dan Burwell trigger job on my early M&P9.

It's good to know that gun manufacturers are starting to get it. Still think the Glock has a slight edge over all other striker fired HG triggers but in all fairness I haven't tried a SIG 320 yet.

In traditional Ruger fashion the American is built like a tank. It is a very nice pistol.

The updates to the M&P 2.0 are very well done.

It's getting much harder to find any significant negatives with the current crop of polymer framed HG's on today's market. That's a good thing. It means the manufacturers are listening to us.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: striker fired pistol triggers

I have three glocks, a 19, a 26 and a 36. I've never had any problem with the trigger on any of the three. Never fired the Ruger American or an M&P, so I can't offer an opinion. A few months back I purchased a Sig 320 SC. It's about the same size as the G26, but the trigger is WAY better! When I first got it I was almost afraid that something was wrong with it, the pull was so light. Once I shot it, the Glocks got relegated to the safe.

Smit

(Armstrong County)

320 trigger is substantially better than any Glocks, even with the .05 trigger job.

I hear the vp9s is even better than the 320.... But I have yet to get my hands on one.

walther ppq triggers are pretty good as well.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by TonyF View Post
    Was at one of the rather larger LGS's today and finally got to test the triggers of an M&P9 2.0 and a Ruger American.

The Ruger American trigger was quite serviceable. Much better than the SR series and kind of reminded me of an HK VP9 but without as strong a trigger return spring.

The M&P 2.0 trigger is MUCH better than that of the original series and felt very close to the Dan Burwell trigger job on my early M&P9.

It's good to know that gun manufacturers are starting to get it. Still think the Glock has a slight edge over all other striker fired HG triggers but in all fairness I haven't tried a SIG 320 yet.

In traditional Ruger fashion the American is built like a tank. It is a very nice pistol.

The updates to the M&P 2.0 are very well done.

It's getting much harder to find any significant negatives with the current crop of polymer framed HG's on today's market. That's a good thing. It means the manufacturers are listening to us.
    I was talking to a LGS owner last weekend, and I asked him if the M&P 2.0 triggers were as good as the Apex triggers. He said no, they're not quite there yet. It's a shame that it took S&W so many years to get the message that their triggers were bad enough that another company built a whole business on replacing them.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    I was talking to a LGS owner last weekend, and I asked him if the M&P 2.0 triggers were as good as the Apex triggers. He said no, they're not quite there yet. It's a shame that it took S&W so many years to get the message that their triggers were bad enough that another company built a whole business on replacing them.

My son put a apex in his mp9. He used the competition spring with aluminum flat faced trigger. It turned a meh gun into something special. I felt it was a better ferl than my 1911. I had it at the groupshoot. I ordered one for my mp40 we got it installed but i havent shot it yet. I used the duty spring. The comp spring was just a bit too light for me.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by mountaineer1673 View Post
    walther ppq triggers are pretty good as well.
    Owning a VP9, and having shot Glocks, the P320, M&P, PPQ, and P320, I think the PPQ has the best striker fired trigger of them all. It has the most crisp break of them all, and the reset is decent too.

That being said, I prefer hammer fired guns to striker fired guns as a whole.

(Centre County)

I'd struggle to pick a better stock trigger then the PPQ and/or P320. And yes, I've owned both. Glock has so much after support that you can make it anything you want, depending on how much you wanna spend. Having said all that, I've never felt a better polymer trigger then an Apex'd M&P. It really is that good.
    I don't watch shark week. Sharks watch FLICK week.

(Allegheny County)

I tried the P320 and found the trigger pull EXTREMELY heavy but consistent with a nice short reset. Didn't think it was any better than glocks except perhaps not as mushy. I have a very well used gen 1 17 and the trigger is very good.

(Allegheny County)

the backlog for APEX speaks volumes of the quality of their work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast