Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Hokkmike Guest

Default Glock 42 or Sig P-238?

Yes, I am comparing these two pistols for FRONT pocket carry. Which would you choose?

If you have to recommend a third choice please offer a point or two in discussion. Thanks!

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Glock 42 or Sig P-238?

I front pocket carry my Glock 43. No real reason to go with .380, IMO.

(Bucks County)

Whichever you choose I highly recommend the BORAII pocket holster for minimal added bulk... http://www.boraii.com/
    Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hokkmike View Post
    Yes, I am comparing these two pistols for FRONT pocket carry. Which would you choose?

If you have to recommend a third choice please offer a point or two in discussion. Thanks!
    What's your normal carry now? Sig is sa with safety, Glock= striker. If you want to keep a similar manual of arms, I'd go with the one similar to what you normally use.

I almost always recommend some flavor of lcp for pocket carry. Simple, light, cheap and reliable. It checks all the boxes imho.

(Bucks County)

The Sig P-238 is definitely easier to pocket carry as it is dimensionally smaller than the G42. The P-238 is wider, but in all other dimensions it is smaller. I have a P-238 in excellent condition that I am looking to sell. It has hogue rubber grips, a galco pocket holster, 2-7rd mags, 1-6rd mag, an owb holster, and I have some premium Buffalo Bore .380 ammo also. If you are interested, please let me know.

(Berks County)

Can I give you an idea? Smart Carry version of thunder wear. Personally front carry has too many problems for me as I carry too much stuff there. Both guns you mention are great for front carry. It is very comfortable and for me easy to get to in all positions and doesn't cause me to search for the things normally in my front pocket.

(Bucks County)

Smart Carry is a great way to discretely carry pretty much anywhere, make sure your pants are a little larger if you are going to do so. Personally I think that pocket carry is more comfy, but smart carry is unquestionably more discrete.