Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Default Re: TODAY IS SEPTEMBER 11th

I can't believe it's been 7 years!!
    "We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate." ~ Thomas Jefferson

"A Canadian is sort of like an American, but without the gun"

(Berks County)

saw this on youtube.............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2dyJRTuLrg

never forget never forgive
    gotta love her ;)

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by gold cup abuser View Post
    saw this on youtube.............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2dyJRTuLrg

never forget never forgive
    Go watch Obsession. Great movie. Will help you to keep the anger and focus it at the right people.

(Delaware County)

9-11 Never Forget. I know I'll never forget. Such a beautiful early autumn day was Tuesday, September 11th, 2001. The skies were a wonderous, cloudless deep blue. Winds were calm. A smoker at the time, I remember heading outside to the smoke shack for a quick puff before a mid-morning work meeting and marveling at just how gorgeous the day was. I went back inside for the meeting and found myself trapped in a conference room till nearly noon. We were never interrupted about unfolding events.

Post-meeting, my boss and I headed back to the office. It was not until we got back to our staff that we received the first word about what had transpired. At the time, our office staff had swelled with temp hires and college interns due to a big project we were working on, so instead of the usual twenty of us permanent staff, we were doubled to over forty. The internet as well as the phones were clogged with traffic so not much information coming in. I fumbled into function an old mini cassette deck boom box with a broken antenna that I had stored under my desk. I remember all 40 of us gathering in our cramped conference room and listening in shocked silence as I held up the radio at odd angles to hear the latest news on what was happening. I knew instantly that what I was hearing meant war, and as military reservist, that meant me.

Eventually, we all went back to work for the remainder of the day and received little updated information. Having not been exposed to the non-stop TV news coverage at work and eager to catch-up, I arrived home to find the tv off and my young, teenage daughters distracted and seemingly nonchalant about the events of the day. I remember being quite annoyed that my girls appeared ostensibly not to care about or grasp the enormity of the situation. I lashed out at them for their inability to recognize - or worse, their apparent casual disregard to the fact that there was a grievous attack on our great American homeland. I regret that I failed to realize they had been immersed in the news coverage all day and had become oversaturated with the situation by the time I got home.

Many Americans had difficulty processing what happened in the days and weeks following 9-11 and many felt helpless if not down-right scared. Fortunately for me, I didn't have that experience. I was called to active duty within a day or so of the attack and reported to Andrews AFB in Washington, DC, to help plan and coordinate our military response to the attacks. I found comfort and solace in the opportunity to wear my country's uniform and actively work to defend my country from our Nation's Capitol. It was one of my proudest moments as an American Serviceman.

I also remember how Americans from all walks of life...all political persuasions, ethic backgrounds and geographic areas immediately came together as one proud American people, united, indivisible. We flew the Stars and Stripes together and pledged our allegiance together and mourned our dead together and resolved together to defend our great Country against our enemies. And we did.
    Today, as we look back twenty years later, much has changed, and in recent times, much, sadly, has not changed for the better. For those of us who lived through 9-11, remember that sense of unity and pride in country, and let's work together to get back there. Teach your children and grand-children who did not live through the experience that we are a good people and a great country and all good things are possible when we work together as one. Never Forget. Peace and God Bless.
    Last edited by Gman106; September 11th, 2021 at 03:44 AM.
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gman106 View Post

9-11 Never Forget. I know I'll never forget. Such a beautiful early autumn day was Tuesday, September 11th, 2001. The skies were a wonderous, cloudless deep blue. Winds were calm. A smoker at the time, I remember heading outside to the smoke shack for a quick puff before a mid-morning work meeting and marveling at just how gorgeous the day was. I went back inside for the meeting and found myself trapped in a conference room till nearly noon. We were never interrupted about unfolding events.

Post-meeting, my boss and I headed back to the office. It was not until we got back to our staff that we received the first word about what had transpired. At the time, our office staff had swelled with temp hires and college interns due to a big project we were working on, so instead of the usual twenty of us permanent staff, we were doubled to over forty. The internet as well as the phones were clogged with traffic so not much information coming in. I fumbled into function an old mini cassette deck boom box with a broken antenna that I had stored under my desk. I remember all 40 of us gathering in our cramped conference room and listening in shocked silence as I held up the radio at odd angles to hear the latest news on what was happening. I knew instantly that what I was hearing meant war, and as military reservist, that meant me.
    Eventually, we all went back to work for the remainder of the day and received little updated information. Having not been exposed to the non-stop TV news coverage at work and eager to catch-up, I arrived home to find the tv off and my young, teenage daughters distracted and seemingly nonchalant about the events of the day. I remember being quite annoyed that my girls appeared ostensibly not to care about or grasp the enormity of the situation. I lashed out at them for their inability to recognize - or worse, their apparent casual disregard to the fact that there was a grievous attack on our great American homeland. I regret that I failed to realize they had been immersed in the news coverage all day and had become oversaturated with the situation by the time I got home.

Many Americans had difficulty processing what happened in the days and weeks following 9-11 and many felt helpless if not down-right scared. Fortunately for me, I didn't have that experience. I was called to active duty within a day or so of the attack and reported to Andrews AFB in Washington, DC, to help plan and coordinate our military response to the attacks. I found comfort and solace in the opportunity to wear my country's uniform and actively work to defend my country from our Nation's Capitol. It was one of my proudest moments as an American Serviceman.

I also remember how Americans from all walks of life...all political persuasions, ethic backgrounds and geographic areas immediately came together as one proud American people, united, indivisible. We flew the Stars and Stripes together and pledged our allegiance together and mourned our dead together and resolved together to defend our great Country against our enemies. And we did.
    Today, as we look back twenty years later, much has changed, and in recent times, much, sadly, has not changed for the better. For those of us who lived through 9-11, remember that sense of unity and pride in country, and let's work together to get back there. Teach your children and grand-children who did not live through the experience that we are a good people and a great country and all good things are possible when we work together as one. Never Forget. Peace and God Bless.
    That was the most striking thing about that day. I got up a little early for me, as I had a an appointment. I glanced out the window, and was amazed at the crystal clear blue of the sky. Except for several contrails, probably planes taking off from Dulles which was about 15 miles away.

(Bucks County)

For the 20th year it would be nice to know the truth.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Montgomery County)

8:46, 9:03 and 9:37... May the souls of our slain fellow countrymen rest in peace.

Now for the living, Never forget, never forgive and do not unite, on any common ground, with the communists that infest our Great Nation since they will try to use these events to soften our resolve to appose them.

Last edited by 4191775; September 11th, 2021 at 08:01 AM.

Unfortunately what I've noticed is 9/11 turning into something like the Super Bowl or an awards show to see who can get the best ratings. They have been doing the 9/11 pre game show now for the last few days. Each network trying to out do the next with how respectful and sorry they are. It honestly makes me sick.

Most Americans have already forgot.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Chester County)

Never forget.
    Never forgive.
    Pray for all those lost and scarred on this day.
    Pray for our nation.
    Most of all, live your life as a true American, free to choose your own destiny.

God bless America and God bless us all.

(Berks County)

Now there's a list of members gone by. The turd we have in the White House makes this day even worse.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast