Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Opinions on Nazareth PA

I've been looking for property in PA to retire to and a 15 acre lot came to market in Nazareth (or just outside). It's close enough to NJ for my wife to visit her relatives and far enough away from it to satisfy my need to live/die in America. Any opinions on the area (like property taxes, environmental issues, crime and other quality of life stuff) would be appreciated. Any good gun clubs nearby that are accepting new members would also be a plus. For those of you who currently live in the area...would you move there (or build a house there) again? Thanks for any input.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Opinions on Nazareth PA

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyOldRetiree View Post
    I've been looking for property in PA to retire to and a 15 acre lot came to market in Nazareth (or just outside). It's close enough to NJ for my wife to visit her relatives and far enough away from it to satisfy my need to live/die in America. Any opinions on the area (like property taxes, environmental issues, crime and other quality of life stuff) would be appreciated. Any good gun clubs nearby that are accepting new members would also be a plus. For those of you who currently live in the area...would you move there (or build a house there) again? Thanks for any input.
    I don't know much about Nazareth today. The last I was through there I recall it being a fairly rural area outside of Allentown/Bethlehem area. For property tax you can check them on Zillow.com for the area, a couple of mouse clicks will get you the taxes for any given property.

(Wayne County)

I know that Moore, Bushkill and Lehigh townships all have a lot of swamps and wetlands coming down off of Blue Mountain. Have the property checked out as a conditin of sale so you don't run into issues later on.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

I don't think the Nazareth areas is too bad. Anything east of there into Mt Bethel, Bangor, etc is still surprisingly rural.

(Monroe County)

What part of Nazareth. What is called Nazareth and Naz school district encompasses a large area.

(Northampton County)

Just do some research about surrounding open landing what it is zoned. Areas around Nazareth and lower Nazareth are becoming the warehouse capitol of the East coast. I have lived there for for over 55 years and have had personal experience with the "warehouse people."
    The question is, will you be on your feet or your knees?

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by ronbo1012 View Post
    Just do some research about surrounding open landing what it is zoned. Areas around Nazareth and lower Nazareth are becoming the warehouse capitol of the East coast. I have lived there for for over 55 years and have had personal experience with the "warehouse people."
    Nazareth is fighting to beat out Fogelsville/Breinigsville for the title, and because they have more open land, they might just do it. The new interchange off 33 is a big incentive to replace all those soybeans with warehouses!
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Northampton County)

Everything in the Lehigh Valley is going up. Property values and taxes, cost of goods and CRIME. Nazareth itself isn't too bad. But it's definitely not the sleepy little Valley anymore. Point Phillips Rod and Gun Club is decent, priced well and not far away from Nazareth. Lots of different ranges.
    I just like to pop in every now and then to see what nancyinpa has for sale.

(Northampton County)

I live very close and like the Nazareth area. 15 acres is probably in the Bushkill township area. Very quiet, rural enough where people mind their own business, but close enough to things that makes it quite convenient.