Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (York County)

Angry Nice to know your neighbor's got your back.....

I'm sitting here trying to finish an essay for a scholarship at work, when I smell smoke coming from the woods behind the house. Not really in a hurry since people have some impromptu fire pits down there, I come up stairs, put on my shoes and head out the back door. The entire place is full of smoke and I can see my neighbor running down the fence row towards the sound of a female screaming for help. On my way to catch up with the neighbor, I can see the smoke is smoke is from a BBQ pit on someone elses porch, no fire. So the neighbor tells me heard the woman screaming and hollering from his bathroom window, came out to help but couldn't find anyone. The people who live on the other side oh him say " Yeah, we've been listening to that for the last 1/2 hour" WTF over. They sat there drinking beers and having a good time, listening to a woman in distress. We eventually saw who it was and when they saw us the woman and the man she was arguing with made a run for the other side of the development. We just figured it was a lovers quarrel, called the local PD and told them what we saw, they drove around and found nothing.

How in the world can you just listen to a woman cry for help and continue to just drink your beer, eat your food and pay it no attention?????

Dave
    3%

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

Default Re: Nice to know your neighbor's got your back.....

Sounds like some trashy people, or they are from NYC.
    LOL, I am a woman...

(Philadelphia County)

Wow... Thats impressive... Sounds like you need some neighbors like I had at my old apartment who called the cops and came to your door if your tv was up above half way..

Quote Originally Posted by XD40coyote View Post
    Sounds like some trashy people, or they are from NYC.
    "Bawlmer," more likely. Why the love for NYC?

(Philadelphia County)

Hey Dave, just remember to drink beer and do nothing if those fuckin' jack-offs ever need help !! It's people like that, that give people a bad name !!!!!!!!!!

Marry you, and ruin it all ? I say let's play in sin. ~Michele
    Do ya like warm oil massages ?~Me
    As long as it's gun oil.~Michele

(Somerset County)

sounds like the folks in PHILLY that watched the guy get beaten with hammer then stole his phone while he was down
    Don't blame me ; I voted for an American .

Quote Originally Posted by Brown-Bear View Post
    I'm sitting here trying to finish an essay for a scholarship at work, when I smell smoke coming from the woods behind the house. Not really in a hurry since people have some impromptu fire pits down there, I come up stairs, put on my shoes and head out the back door. The entire place is full of smoke and I can see my neighbor running down the fence row towards the sound of a female screaming for help. On my way to catch up with the neighbor, I can see the smoke is smoke is from a BBQ pit on someone elses porch, no fire. So the neighbor tells me heard the woman screaming and hollering from his bathroom window, came out to help but couldn't find anyone. The people who live on the other side oh him say " Yeah, we've been listening to that for the last 1/2 hour" WTF over. They sat there drinking beers and having a good time, listening to a woman in distress. We eventually saw who it was and when they saw us the woman and the man she was arguing with made a run for the other side of the development. We just figured it was a lovers quarrel, called the local PD and told them what we saw, they drove around and found nothing.

How in the world can you just listen to a woman cry for help and continue to just drink your beer, eat your food and pay it no attention?????

Dave
    Welcome to the world the Dems want.

(Luzerne County)

For Pete Sakes Dave, do you live in Kenray? lmao

Seriously, people could care less anymore....if they aren't the ones yelling for help it doesn't concern them.

PROUD WIFE OF PA. PATRIOT
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms..disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. "-Thomas Jefferson

Sorry to say it but this is more the norm than not lately. People "don't want to get involved" any more, everyone is so afraid they may actually have to do something and / or they might get sued if the help and it goes wrong that they would prefer to just sit there and ignore the situation.

I don't exactly blame it on the liberals, I think it goes far FAR deeper than that. To me it comes from:

1. Every blood sucking attorney and their idiots clients "smelling quick cash" and suing for some of the dumbest shit ever seen in a court room

2. People becoming so "me me me" that they just don't care any more unless it directly affects their lives.

3. The psychology bullshit of political correctness ... it works in more ways than you think. Its not just not saying things that are mean it also desensitizes people to actually being people.

Perfect example? No matter how many people get pissed off about something the government does they sit there in their homes and say NOTHING. They don't get involved, they don't vote, the don't even try to change things ... they expect the next guy to do it. Same thing here, not my problem someone else will take care of it.

The bulk of the population have become so focused on "their little pond" and have become so desensitized to just about everything that happens in real life they might as well be freaking robots.

Personally it sickens me to see this type behavior for the simple fact it proves you are 'on your own' .. the days of neighbors helping neighbors and watching out for each other is just about dead .. truly a sad statement.
    Last edited by dc dalton; September 10th, 2008 at 09:56 PM.

(Adams County)

It reminds me of two things:

There is a video of a guy in a sub shop who gets his ass kicked by some chick's boyfriend because he made some rude comment on his cell phone after she cut him off in line. In the video, several people stood there and watched while the thug kicked the snot out of this man. Even after he was down. It sickened me to watch because:

In 1990, I was on a bus stop in Baltimore Maryland, after my high school football homecoming game. I was the only white guy on the bus stop, which was the reason for what happened next.

I was approached by another kid from a different school, who demanded my headphones. I refused, and he then tried to take my wallet. I refused. Long story short, 14,000 dollars of reconstructive surgery later, my nose and right orbit were rebuilt. (I kept my headphones and wallet, though)

The BCPD arrested 16 juveniles, the MD state's attorney's office charged 10 with assault and robbery, five were convicted, and the only kid that I was able to defend myself against pled guilty.

When the police arrived, there were 42 people on the bus, and 15 still on the stop. Grand total witnesses: 1.

56 people stood idly by and watched my assualt and did nothing, not even to be witnesses.

Cowards, all. (My story and the OP's) May they all rot in hell.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast