Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Citadel Defense in Matamoras

Has anyone heard about this place? I know it's in the old roller rink in Matamoras. I seen the sign on the way to work. They have a web site that says they are open by appointment only until the store is done. Has anyone heard if they are putting in a range?
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Citadel Defense in Matamoras

Oh really. This is news to me. I'll have to take a peek

(Pike County)

Good scouting Yoder. We'll stay tuned for more info.
    Life Member SAF, CCRKBA; Senior Life Member FOAC

(Lackawanna County)

Only thing I can find is a 7.62 x39 ar on gunbroker by them.

(Adams County)

I swung by yesterday. The sign on the front door says they are open 9 pm to 3 pm Fri through Sunday. I was disappointed I couldn't go in so I'll have to check it out another time.

(Pike County)

You're not missing much. We stopped in there a week or so ago. it's essentially some type of trade show display. About 12lf of showcase that was mostly empty. No lighting when you enter the lobby area. Only a couple small lights on the display "walls". It just screamed shady as shit from the moment we walked in.

(Pike County)

Talked to the guy a week or so ago.

He is currently open on weekends only. There was some small talk as to a possible indoor range in the future. Did not have a lot on display, Friend bought some ammo at a decent price. Had the usual stock of M&P's, XD's Glocks and some CZ's mostly hand guns, a few AR's bolt actions and a shot gun or two.Seems like a ok guy, But time shall tell.

Also offers gunsmith and coatings, But did not see any prices or discuss it. Did not see a gunsmith area so no idea if he does the work or has a partner who does it off location. Hell I don't know of any shops with a in house gunsmith anymore.

While there a Pike Regional police officer was there doing a transfer, Didn't seem so "shady as shit to me".

But it is a large building with ,small display area and future plans. Guy had the lights off in the majority of the building, no sense to light up big empty space. still has the roller skate area in tact with the DJ booth (took my kids there years ago, Building was always dark back then too). Be great if he did class three with a range and rental guns like Heritage Guild.

Time shall tell..
    Last edited by Snert; May 28th, 2017 at 12:38 PM.

(Pike County)

I'm sorry you weren't happy coming in. I'm guessing you've never taken the risk of starting a new business so I can understand your opinion. What really is "shady as shit" is the local township (Westfall) that tells me everything we want to do there is a permitted use BY RIGHT, (which it is), then after we get the building the zoning officer retires and a new guy goes in that makes life a living hell by refusing to obey the law and forcing us to hire lawyers for a year and a half while paying out our life savings carrying an empty building. Maybe you didn't like the free coffee and danishes I have out for my fellow freedom enthusiasts, or maybe you weren't there when I turned on the lights to the rink to let three little kids run around for two hours so a young mom picking up a rifle (transfer from Brownells) could catch a break after doing the paperwork. I also guess you didn't see me fixing minor problems for free on people's guns just because I could. I guess you're so conditioned to walmart and gander mountain or any other super megastore that gets free money from wall street scum (and plays you for a sucker) that an upstart business is, as you say, "shady as shit". Can you please let me try to recover from the beating my brother and I took from Westfall Township before badmouthing me? I'd really appreciate it, and you're always welcome to stop by and chat. Thanks, Fred

(Lackawanna County)

Since you're posting here. What are your hours and stocking brands? I know you're soft open now but it's hard to fit in a trip during a set time frame. I'm the absolute picture definition of an impulse buyer and I can only buy so many plastic fantastics.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by NathanB View Post
    Since you're posting here. What are your hours and stocking brands? I know you're soft open now but it's hard to fit in a trip during a set time frame. I'm the absolute picture definition of an impulse buyer and I can only buy so many plastic fantastics.
    Thanks for asking Nathan. I'm there Friday and Saturday 10-4, and Sunday 10-3. I have the popular models of Glock, S&W, SA, etc. I'm trying to focus on defensive weapons to not compete with the mega stores. I do transfers for $20, so anything you find online go ahead and buy and pick it up from me (law permitting of course). I also optimize defensive weapons (stippling, mounting lights, quality slings, etc.) And I apply Duracoat and Cerakote. I carry body armor, quality weapon accessories, and hopefully will expand to prepping supplies in the future (hurricane Sandy had a big impact on me). We all love our range toys and gamer guns (me more than anyone), but my thinking is a defensive firearm is the one place not to cut corners or compromise, and that's where I try to focus, but not exclusively. I know right now I'm starting lean but I'm trying to make it work! I can't begin to tell you how the township hurt us. I hope you stop by when you're in the area and say hello.

Thanks, Fred

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast