Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Does Scotia Range have a Phone number?

My girlfriend needs to write a report on a place/group of people in the State College area, and she thought she'd do it on shooters at the Scotia range. She'd need to visit a few times and observe/interview people.

Even though it's state-owned (isn't it?), her professor is requiring that she get a permission slip signed by whomever is "in charge" to allow her to research there.

Also, could anybody give me directions there from the University Park area? I cannot seem to find a website for it anywhere. Even if she can't interview people there (which seems unlikely), I'd like get some target shooting in with my PPK.

And one last thing: Where is a good local store to buy ammunition at a reasonable price? Back home, I could get a box of Federal American Eagle .380 ACP from a privately owned store for ~$14, when Dicks Sporting Goods would charge ~$20.

Thanks everyone!

(Centre County)

Default Re: Does Scotia Range have a Phone number?

Quote Originally Posted by Virtualmatt View Post
    My girlfriend needs to write a report on a place/group of people in the State College area, and she thought she'd do it on shooters at the Scotia range. She'd need to visit a few times and observe/interview people.
    202A?

Don't know if there's a number for the range, but there's a regional office

http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/cwp/v...a=463&q=150181

That may be able to give you the info

Even though it's state-owned (isn't it?), her professor is requiring that she get a permission slip signed by whomever is "in charge" to allow her to research there.

Also, could anybody give me directions there from the University Park area? I cannot seem to find a website for it anywhere. Even if she can't interview people there (which seems unlikely), I'd like get some target shooting in with my PPK.
    http://maps.google.com/maps?daddr=Sc...41106&t=h&z=13

And one last thing: Where is a good local store to buy ammunition at a reasonable price? Back home, I could get a box of Federal American Eagle .380 ACP from a privately owned store for ~$14, when Dicks Sporting Goods would charge ~$20.
    Wal-Mart? Probably the cheapest place for Ammo in the SC area.

Thanks for your help!

(Centre County)

Virtual,
    Two ways to get there. Here's the way I go because we have a camp out that way.

Go SW on Whitehall Road. When you get the the intersection and the UniMart is on your right go straight through and stay on that road to Fairbrook. At the intersection in Fairbrook turn right, stay on that road always bearing right. You stay on that road for a few miles and look to the right for the State Game Lands sign. Turn right at the sign and just follow the road.

If you google Fairbrook, PA you can follow the roads that way and you'll see the way. Also, by using google that way you can follow the Scotia range road and it will show you the other way in/out (the Gray's Woods way).
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

When I shot at Scotia Range 25 years ago, the phone number was: 814-237-0135, but I don't know if it is still valid.