Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default HK VP9 vs Glock 19 Gen 4.....pic of my targets

So today I shot my HK VP9 and Glock 19 Gen 4. On the left are my HK VP9 groups, and on the right are my Glock 19 Gen 4 groups. The top set are from 7 yards, and the bottom set are from 10-12 yards. I shot these two (2) handed, no support. They're not really great groups, but all rounds would have landed on a human torso. Apparently I shoot the HK VP9 better...

"The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(Columbia County)

Default Re: HK VP9 vs Glock 19 Gen 4.....pic of my targets

I also had an opportunity to shoot both handguns. The H&K has a better trigger in my opinion, not to say that there is anything wrong with the Glock's trigger, therefore accuracy is slightly better with the H&K. However if one is considering a gun for carrying, the Glock is one of the few medium framed handguns that has an ideal size for conceal carry. The VP9's grip is too long which could lead to printing.

(Blair County)

How fast were you shooting? I shot a vp9 very well too, i attributed it to the ergonomics and the really nice sight picture. I still would carry a Glock. If its worth anything my g26 shoots better then my g17 or the 19 i used to have. Your g19 pics look alot like the groups i get with my 10mm glocks.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Edg View Post
    How fast were you shooting? I shot a vp9 very well too, i attributed it to the ergonomics and the really nice sight picture. I still would carry a Glock. If its worth anything my g26 shoots better then my g17 or the 19 i used to have. Your g19 pics look alot like the groups i get with my 10mm glocks.
    2-3 seconds in between each round, loaded my mags with 10 rounds at a time.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    I also had an opportunity to shoot both handguns. The H&K has a better trigger in my opinion, not to say that there is anything wrong with the Glock's trigger, therefore accuracy is slightly better with the H&K. However if one is considering a gun for carrying, the Glock is one of the few medium framed handguns that has an ideal size for conceal carry. The VP9's grip is too long which could lead to printing.
    So true. The Glock 19 is THE perfect all around gun. Haters gonna hate but its true. Vp9 is awesome though and inherently more accurate, just not for cc in my opinion.
    Now less Glock, more H&K :)

Quote Originally Posted by Edg View Post
    Funny we are the complete opposite when I shoot my 26 I feel like a newbie when I look at the targets then I switch to the 17 and my confidence in my skills comes back. My BIL is like you he's been shooting his 26 for so long it's like an extension of his right hand.

I've never shot a VP9 but I experience the same thing when shooting my CZ75's then going over to Glocks or just about everything else. The groups always seem to open up compared to the soft shooting 75's.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmaster View Post
    So true. The Glock 19 is THE perfect all around gun. Haters gonna hate but its true. Vp9 is awesome though and inherently more accurate, just not for cc in my opinion.
    The VP9 is only marginally bigger (see below compared to a G23)

I did find the recoil a lot tamer in my VP9 compared to my G19, which is weird since the VP9 has a higher bore axis.

Quote Originally Posted by philadelphia patriot View Post
    The VP9 is only marginally bigger (see below compared to a G23)

I did find the recoil a lot tamer in my VP9 compared to my G19, which is weird since the VP9 has a higher bore axis.
    Bore axis is only a small part of the recoil game. The grip angle and how deep and high the pistol seats into the web of your hand makes a bigger difference then a higher bore from my experience.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Bore axis is only a small part of the recoil game. The grip angle and how deep and high the pistol seats into the web of your hand makes a bigger difference then a higher bore from my experience.
    Very true. My P320 and P229 have "high bore axis". They're both very accurate firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by philadelphia patriot View Post
    Very true. My P320 and P229 have "high bore axis". They're both very accurate firearms.
    The P320 is a very good example of what I was trying to say. Great pistol hoping to get a 320 RX compact in the near future.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast