Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: SCCFSA

(Delaware County)

Default SCCFSA

Anyone here a member? Worth joining? Limitations on what you can shoot? Any information greatly appreciated. Also getting conflicting information on dues? What does it cost to join, etc? Thanks

(Chester County)

Default Re: SCCFSA

The rulebook posted online should answer most of your questions. it's actually very informative.

I just renewed at $100 this past September. Not sure if the dues have increased but new membership info. is on the website too.

Just make sure you are OK with being video recorded as there are cameras everywhere.

I don't go there much anymore as I'm a member at a closer range to my home but I don't think it's a bad choice.
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

(Chester County)

Here's their new membership info: https://sccsfa.org/event-2507068

And their member handbook: https://sccsfa.org/Resources/Documen...rev-6-2014.pdf

Like many ranges who want to be good "neighbors" with their neighbors in, well, the neighborhood, they're serious about gun safety and that they expect you to do your share of heavy lifting when it comes to safety. Like many ranges, there are also work days, and it's a great way to meet other folks.

They have quite a few dedicated people who not only keep the range in fabulous condition but may visit a particular range if someone needs help or if safety violations are noted. The cameras never bothered me in the least when I was a member - heck, you probably drive through ten or twenty times as many just on your way driving to the range.

They do have a black-powder shoot there the 2nd Sat of every month - and it's a fun shoot.

Specific "hot buttons" that I recall:

1. Shooting over the berm
    2. Shooting through the roofs situated on the firing line
    3. Shooting through the overheads that exist down range
    4. Shooting pistols at ranges where you are not permitted to shoot pistols (I think that applies to the 75 and 100 yd ranges)
    5. Drinking alcoholic beverages on the range, etc
    6. Careless handling of firearms
    7. Handling firearms on a "cold" range while folks are down-range changing/retrieving targets

Generally, common sense stuff that really needs no explanation...except to folks who appear to be lacking in that department.
    Last edited by bamboomaster; April 17th, 2017 at 10:21 AM.
    - bamboomaster

(Delaware County)

Thanks for the input.

(Chester County)

I am a member and I think the newsletter said they are looking to add 300+ new members.

If this happen there will be 301 spots available as it's all ready too crowded