Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    (Indiana County)

Default Re: Current AR-15 prices- All I can say is WOW!

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    bump and doublepost, sorry.
    went to a bunch of LGS today. so far everyone is still selling ar's in the $600+ range. including deltons. ruger 556, pay out $640-$700
    before tax and $5background.

some of these places are $150+/- price diff compared to online if you look at gun/shipping/tax/$45transfer(vs $5 background) so comparing OTD prices.
    didn't try to haggle anyone. had more than enough on hand too, just couldn't justify the price differences.
    will probably scour the nets and pick out the model i want then just transfer it.
    found one place whose staff had terrible muzzle control. i had a gun pointed at me again(it was unloaded this time) i'm starting to lose count of the number of times i've been on the bang end of a loaded or unloaded firearm
    When I was an FFL, I learned that while it sucked big time, the time always came where I had to either sit on non-moving inventory and keep my money tied up or sell it sometimes at a loss just to keep new items in the place.

The dealers you were at either have piles of capital or haven't come to grips with the fact that they might have stocked up at higher prices hoping for a Hillary win to line their pockets and that it didn't happen so now they need to get reasonable even if that means taking a hit or they will risk driving by off customers with their poor decision to keep prices inflated.

Quote Originally Posted by 39flathead View Post
    When I was an FFL, I learned that while it sucked big time, the time always came where I had to either sit on non-moving inventory and keep my money tied up or sell it sometimes at a loss just to keep new items in the place.

The dealers you were at either have piles of capital or haven't come to grips with the fact that they might have stocked up at higher prices hoping for a Hillary win to line their pockets and that it didn't happen so now they need to get reasonable even if that means taking a hit or they will risk driving by off customers with their poor decision to keep prices inflated.
    check my location. lotta people fresh off the boat from the east willing to pay for the new toys their easern neighbors want banned. as i got into furher more obscure western locations. i found deals more reasonable but not on kit i wanted. ars were more reasonable but didnt see models i was looking for.
    thats my theory... matches our taxes, groceries and other urban brought ammenities.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by 39flathead View Post

Yeah, way I got it figured is they are going to hold out as long as they can. But once people realize they can save a couple hundred bucks by shopping online. Loyalty will go out the window. One thing to support your local gun dealer when he is a bit off price. But when you can find it online for a LOT less. Unless he is willing to match that price. Sales are going to go elsewhere.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

Im all about locals. But yeah, when theyre more than 20% off the mark... Im sure they bought while rifles were higher priced althiugh im not sure how much cost prices have swayed over last few years.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    Im all about locals. But yeah, when theyre more than 20% off the mark... Im sure they bought while rifles were higher priced althiugh im not sure how much cost prices have swayed over last few years.
    Don't get trapped into that line where wholesale costs rise greatly when a panic is predicted.

All through the great .22lr shortage the wholesale prices remained about flat.

Same as the AR's leading up to the election when Hillary was expected to be coronated.
    They went up a little, but not like the dealers still charging full blown MSRP would lead you to believe.

My guy was still buying sub $500 Rugers and sub $700 Colts in October when he could find them in stock.
    Dealers that either didn't buy right or that hoped to cash in and still do deserve to have their inventory sit if they refuse to accept the current market.

Wrong side of the coin. I was suspicious they didnt change at all. Yiu say they floated a little. I can understand either. Which pulls high markup justification away.
    Only thing left is to blame high property taxes. Lol!
    Like i said, i didnt haggle or harass anyone so i didnt get any "stories" and ive both owned and works in retail for a long time.

(Blair County)

I got the wife a pretty sweet psa kit and ruger lower kit for about 450 total for her birthday. Havent shot it yet but it seems nice. On the flipside my first AR i built in 09 for 2k....would still cost me over 1800 to build now....so budget milspec crap may be dirt cheap.... but the higher end parts bin isnt really any cheaper.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by Edg View Post
    I got the wife a pretty sweet psa kit and ruger lower kit for about 450 total for her birthday. Havent shot it yet but it seems nice. On the flipside my first AR i built in 09 for 2k....would still cost me over 1800 to build now....so budget milspec crap may be dirt cheap.... but the higher end parts bin isnt really any cheaper.
    I think that once the "budget" stuff starts to disappear from the market, or, at least is cut down in selection big time. Then when all that is left is the "quality" stuff. Then you will start to see "sales" as they compete against each other more and more.
    We are already seeing "big names" like Springfield starting to offer "quality" AR's at prices lower than the big buck guns. If DD is selling for $1400 then BCM will do $1300. And Colt will do $1200. And Springfield is $900 (with all BCM furniture). Going to be a bit harder to justify spending that extra $300 to $500 just for the name and that is what people are going to start to see. Springfield isn't a "cheap gun manufacturer" and people will lean that way (One of the reasons the S&W AR did as well as it has is the company name was well known and respected). And so DD, BCM and Colt to stay in there will drop there prices. This is what I figure will bring down the cost of "high end" guns. Good competition amongst themselves.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345