Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Rotary International "clarifies" stance on firearms...Now I will take my leave....

Not sure if anyone else here is a follow Rotarian. Was very troubled to learn of some upcoming policy "clarifications" for the organization.

Highlighs from a recent online article regarding new rules effective July 1st...

"The new policy bans any Rotary entity – including clubs and districts – from selling, raffling, or transferring firearms. It also bans these entities from participating in activities where any sort of firearm raffle or other transfer occurs, whether or not Rotary is the owner of the items. Rotary entities are also prohibited from sponsoring or conducting gun shows or other exhibitions involving guns.

The new policy even bans Rotary entities from “accept[ing] sponsorship from any entity whose primary business is the sale or manufacturer of guns, weapons or other armaments.” The policy manual goes on to classify such items as “addictive or harmful products and activities.”

While the policy does not go so far as to completely ban Rotary events involving sport shooting or other handling of firearms, it does state: “In no instance shall any of the Rotary Marks be used in any visual that includes guns, weapons or other armaments.” Further, “The Rotary Marks may not be used in combination with the name or logo of any entity whose primary business is the sale or manufacture of guns, weapons or other armaments.

Rotary Gives Boot to Gun Owners

New Rotary Gun Rules Letter

I Wish I Could Vote for this Guy!

I have been a Rotarian for over 15 years, served as committee chair for numerous activities, am recognized as a Paul Harris Fellow (significant financial donor to Rotary Foundation) and have volunteer far more hours to this group than I ever spend on the range.

While I recognize all the good that Rotary has done throughout the world, i cannot continue to support an organization that is actively working against one of my core beliefs - that everyone has the right and duty to protect their family and themselves so that they may, in turn, serve God, Country and their fellow man.

My letter requesting a Leave of Absence is being penned tonight.
    Cool signature line goes here..
    ..or here, cause I got me a Bronze subscription and I get 2 lines...

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Rotary International "clarifies" stance on firearms...Now I will take my leave...

I'm not sure what or who this Rotary is but they sound un American with those policy "clarifications".
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Venango County)

Default Re: Rotary International "clarifies" stance on firearms...Now I will take my leave...

Ban free speech and the free exchange of ideas. They are far more dangerous than guns and the Second Amendment. ��
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

(Lancaster County)

For benefit of those unfamiliar.

From wikipedia

"Rotary International is an international service organization whose stated purpose is to bring together business and professional leaders in order to provide humanitarian services, encourage high ethical standards in all vocations, and to advance goodwill and peace around the world. It is a non-political and non-sectarian organization open to all people regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, or political preference. There are 34,282 member clubs worldwide. 1.2 million individuals called Rotarians have joined these clubs.

Rotarians usually gather weekly for breakfast, lunch, or dinner to fulfill their first guiding principle to develop friendships as an opportunity for service. "It is the duty of all Rotarians," states their Manual of Procedure "outside their clubs, to be active as individuals in as many legally constituted groups and organizations as possible to promote, not only in words but through exemplary dedication, awareness of the dignity of all people and the respect of the consequent human rights of the individual." The Rotarian's primary motto is "Service Above Self"; its secondary motto is "One profits most who serves best.

Rotary is credited for nearly eliminating Polio as well as providing aid in Haiti and other areas of natural disaster.

Great worldwide reach, but seems to be trying to become a little UN with this rule "clarification."
    Cool signature line goes here..
    ..or here, cause I got me a Bronze subscription and I get 2 lines...

(Elk County)

That's why I belong to Reciprocal International.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

I was going to say Linear International but Reciprocal works
    I wonder how much of their donations and memberships will drop off now that they are clearly anti 2A, and it comes off as pretty gestapo-ish with theyre banning members from participating in any activities where firearms are involved
    They better post this on their website
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Lehigh County)

Maybe I'll take some potshots at the signs they post at city limits.
    NRA Life Member

(Philadelphia County)

Haha that'll learn em.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

Could they even sponsor a trap shoot?

I'm not the least surprised with this. Like most orgs. they tend to be self serving first, and community serving a distant second or third.

Fuck Rotary.

ETA: Pretty sure I read where one of the local Rotary's donated a substantial amount of cash to help the local school to get a trap team started.
    Last edited by God's Country; April 4th, 2017 at 08:45 AM.

(Wayne County)

Wouldn't join Rotary before...still won't.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast