Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Butler County)

Default Which guns or calibers like YOU?

Lots of people talk about how they think this gun or that caliber is better, and how they.... and maybe everybody else... should own one.... because it's better/stronger/faster. Yada yada yada...

But are there any that just seem to repeatedly drop in your lap by accident, just sort of nudging their way into your life? I'm talking about guns and gun-related stuff that somehow made an impression on you before you even really knew any details about it.

Ive had a couple. Lately its something to do with Bulgarian guns and machines in general. I have a Bulgarian copy of a Hi-Power pistol, which is really very well made and very accurate
    Recently I found a Bulgarian Makarov for sale which I'm tjinking of buying.... and I found it WHILE writing to an Ebayer from Bulgaria regarding his Bulgarian disk drive which I bought for my keyboard! You see, I'm a part time musician and I have a great old vintage keyboard which I upgraded the floppy disk drive on with this Bulgarian retrofitted flash drive that emulates the floppy drive that used to be there. It's very well made, just like the Bulgarian Hi-power and works great.

On top of all this, I also recently fell into a jackpot of 9x18 Makarov ammo for about 17 cents a round. (I currenty have a Polish P83 in that caliber as a BUG). Even though my EDC is chambered for 9mm Luger, it seems that Bulgarian things and 9x18 ammo has a way of creeping into my life! I actually have more 9x18 than any other type (well over 1000) and it's mostly because I suddenly stumbled on a crazy deal more than once.

So thats an example of what I mean. Are there any guns or ammo that seem "fated" for you regardless of what you pursue? If there are other examples which are not firearm related (like my Bulgarian flash drive), do share!

Below: Bulgarian Hi-power on top of Bulgarian flash drive. Should I add a Bulgy Mak too? A Krinkov maybe?

KIMG0744.JPG
    Last edited by FJW; April 3rd, 2017 at 12:08 PM.

Default Re: Which guns or calibers like YOU?

It seems like CZ is trying to make a bigger presence in my life. It started with the Scorpion Evo 3 S1, but now the BREN, BREN II, and a couple of their pistols are starting to really tickle my fancy.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

Well I won a few thousand rounds of ammo in a caliber I had no pistols in...so I ended up having to buy a gun to shoot it.

Looking for stories like that?
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    It seems like CZ is trying to make a bigger presence in my life. It started with the Scorpion Evo 3 S1, but now the BREN, BREN II, and a couple of their pistols are starting to really tickle my fancy.
    So God is telling you in a roundabout way that you need an SMG! You lucky dog!!
    I had my eye on the 9x18 Scorpion too...

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    Well I won a few thousand rounds of ammo in a caliber I had no pistols in...so I ended up having to buy a gun to shoot it.

Looking for stories like that?

Yeah, kinda...sorta...maybe...
    I bought a couple boxes of 22-250 on Gunbroker for about $7.50 with a couple rounds missing. Ive had an admiration for that cartridge for awhile. Still don't have a gun for it though. Maybe it'll drop into my lap when the right gun is up for sale.

What I'm really curious about is theme.
    For instance my two most recent rifles purchases are an ISHapore and an IZHmash.

Ish!Ish!
    Izh!Izh!
    IZHISHIZHISHIZHISHIZHISHIZHISHIZH!!!!!

So... what kind of gun was it?
    Last edited by FJW; April 3rd, 2017 at 01:08 PM.

(Lehigh County)

I get best results for accuracy from 25 yds with a Walther PPS M2, Springfield RO 45, and an old Springfield XD9, although the XD does have a Powder River 3# trigger and sear.
    NRA Life Member

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

I bought my first Sig as a range toy. It was a .22LR Sig P229 w/SRT trigger. I bought it from a cop whose dept. required their officers to buy .22 versions of their duty guns for practice, but not long after he joined the force, they switched to Glocks. He just wanted to get rid of it, so I got it for a good price from a PAFOA ad. Later, I bought the 9mm conversion kit. I loved the trigger, it felt great in my hand, and I shot it better than the M&P9 that I was carrying.

It's my favorite gun now. Last year I sent it to Sig for the action enhancement package, so it's even better. I also now have a P226 and P224, along with a few other Sigs. I NEVER would have taken the plunge if I had to pay nearly a grand for a new P229.

(Butler County)

When's the wedding?

Yeah, that's kind of what I mean. It seems like you and that gun were "meant to be".

Quote Originally Posted by FJW View Post
    So God is telling you in a roundabout way that you need an SMG! You lucky dog!!
    I had my eye on the 9x18 Scorpion too...

Well my Scorpion is SBR'd so that's about as close as I can get. The BREN II is pretty near the top of my list for my next rifle, when it comes out. Ever since Sig dicked us over on the "modularity" of the 556Xi, then the recall of the MCX, I've been looking for another non-AR platform to try and I think this is it.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    Well my Scorpion is SBR'd so that's about as close as I can get. The BREN II is pretty near the top of my list for my next rifle, when it comes out. Ever since Sig dicked us over on the "modularity" of the 556Xi, then the recall of the MCX, I've been looking for another non-AR platform to try and I think this is it.
    Believe it or not, What Gun Will You Buy Next..
    .was going to be my next thread!

The Bren looks very cool indeed. So youre talking about one in 7.62x39? Are the Czech forces actually going to have theirs chambered for that.... or a NATO round?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast