Thread: my little guy

(Allegheny County)

Default my little guy

heres my Kal-tec Plr-16
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Bucks County)

That is beautiful...what kind of holster are you going to use...Mike45

(Allegheny County)

Thanks Mike, never really gave a holster too much thought. I bought the sling and thats pretty much how I move around. Any thoughts for one? Its 18 inches without the flash hider, 20 with it.

(Bucks County)

Hey plr16, the holster comment was a lousy attempt at humor, could you see someone open-carrying that thing at the mall???
    Where did you get the plr16, how much, how does it shoot? I'd like to see this item up close. Give us all the details please...thanks...Mike45

(Allegheny County)

You just paint the flash hider orange and drop a couple 6mm plastic bb's every couple yards, you can go about anywhere! I had a hard time getting this gun, they're hot right now. I had actually paid 2 gun shops up front when they ordered it and had several others looking/order it. The prices were between $425 and $500. The destributers were only getting handfuls from KT and they in turn were spreading those out to their customers. Finally I got one from Firearms Unlimited in Bridgeville Pa. $479.00. I had bought all the accessories before I got the gun! That made the wait even worse.
    Its a fun gun to shoot. I've only put about 200rds through it before my gun club suddenly closed last week.
    Heres a link to a GunBlast Mag review with lots of pictures and a little video. Pretty cool.
    www.gunblast.com/Kel-Tec_PLR-16.htm

Heres a link to a Kal-tec video, which pretty much sealed the deal for me.

http://www.kel-tec.com/videos/plr1.wmv

I'll try to get more pics of mine.
    plr

(Bucks County)

Default Kel-tac

Thanks for the links, the video was great. What happened to the gun club??? Is there anywhere else to shoot it??? Mike45

(Allegheny County)

Smile

I'm still looking for a place. The only free shooting are the state gamelands. I hate to join another club(i'm cheap) not knowing whats going on with mine. The idea of forking over another $130 to join another club just bothers me. But i have to do something. This weekend I'm going to check out another club thats actually closer to my house. You have to be sponsored by two people( I know none) and then I'll be able to join. I figure alot of people I know will start filtering in there sooner or later anyway. Are there alot of places to shoot by you? Like pay per day places? Around Pittsburgh, there are none. What do you shoot? I've just kind of gotten into it the last couple years. My wife says its a midlife crisis. I told her I'd be perfectly happy buying a new Vette instead and that kind of makes this ok appearently.

(Bucks County)

PLR16,The state ranges aren't bad, just follow the rules. $130 doesn't sound too bad, most indoor ranges cost twice that for a yearly membership. We have a club, Falls Twp. Rifle and Pistol, near us. They put you through the wringer to join, but they also provide members with many benefits, including 24 hour access and an indoor pistol range. There are alot of places here, we are in the suburban Philadelphia area, many indoor ranges. There is a farm in Bucks County that you can shoot anything, all day long for $10 a day. Buy the Vette and keep shooting. Did you loose your money when the club closed? Love that Kel-tec...Mike45

(Allegheny County)

Yeah, I'll have to try the gamelands as well. I don't know if I lost my money at the club cause they literally shut down overnight and refuse to answer any questions as to whether they're gonna open up or not. No information at all. And its a big club with hundreds of members.
    The Kal-tec is my first .223. I was originally looking at just getting a Bushmaster or Rock River AR-15 first but after reading all the reviews about the PLR I just had to get it. And glad I did. It's really a great bargain for the price. $425-500. Most of the 200 rds I've put through it were just plain fun shooting. The kids shoot half those. I zero'd in at about 25 yards with the iron sites but my attempt with that scope at 50 was just horrible. That dot is just all over the place. It was cheap though. I've already ordered a new scope. My buddy has an ATN ultra-D sight and I've shot with it and like it, so thats what i bought. He also just bought a Springfield xd-45 and and I liked that too and thats my next gun. Hopefully pick it up next week if all goes well. Just one more reason I need to find a place to shoot. Always something!

The PLR was on my short list, but I thought about the "practical" side of things and decided that there was no use for it...you cannot CCW with it and I have enough other "fun guns", so for now the PLR will remain on the "wish list." I have heard good reviews about it...I like how compact it is, but I imagine that it's not the most durable weapons...owning 2 Sub2000's and a P3AT, I know that KT has great customer service, but I still do not feel that their products were designed to to through a torture.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast