Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: my little guy

(Carbon County)

I've had excellent results with Winnie and Remington .55gr
    I also had feeding problems with cheaper mags. However, I bought some used Colt Manufactured 30 rndrs and have since had ZERO problems through 400 rounds
    and YES it becomes an AOW withha VG...the topic was discussed at KTOG ....
    I'd suggest a bipod for anything over 50 yards....I had to also add my Leopold scope for any accuracy at 100 yards.
    But man , the PLR is FUN, FUN FUN!!!
    I have a couple configurations...bipod and scope...and M6 laser/light with Eotech Truglow reddot (makes it quite compact if I did carry it).
    I bought the Keltec sling for the hardware...but found that the TacStar shot gun sling if far more user friendly
    if you ever see my post edited...its most likely for speling :D
    "Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges"-In Time of War the Law Falls Silent-Cicero
    "Si vis pacem, para bellum"-If you want peace, prepare for war-Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"America Starts Here!"-former PA state Slogan...until NJ complained and our wussy GovRendell changed it!

(Bucks County)

.223 Pistol?

That's about as silly and unpractical as you can get.

Now, where can I get one?

(Allegheny County)

I've put over 1000 rds through my PLR in a little over 2 months of owning it. I had some ammo and mag issues in the beginning. It definately likes some more than others in both. I don't own an AR15 so i don't know if they share the same problems. but having worked those bugs out, I have to say the PLR is worth every penny I paid. In fact, I would pay more for it if i had to. At $449-$500, its a great gun. I have yet to hear one bad thing from anyone who actually "Owns" one. Kal-Tec is a very underrated company in my opinion. Alot of people mistake inexpensive for cheaply made.
    the back order on the plr can get pretty long. But they're out there. And fun.

I am just a bit concerned about it's durability...because of the polymer used on the pistol. I owned 2 Sub2000's and 1 P3AT and I haven't fired it much...I just don't think it will hold up to thousands of rounds on the range. I just want to make sure it functions and performs if and when I need it to...perhaps I can test our your PLR...haha.

(Allegheny County)

i can't say what the durability will be. Like i said, i put over 1000 rds through it and it seems like its just getting broken in. However, we're talking 2 months. So I don't know. But you're more than welcome to shoot it. The fireball emitted without the flash hider alone is worth the price of admission.

Default Price Admission?

Quote Originally Posted by plr16
    i can't say what the durability will be. Like i said, i put over 1000 rds through it and it seems like its just getting broken in. However, we're talking 2 months. So I don't know. But you're more than welcome to shoot it. The fireball emitted without the flash hider alone is worth the price of admission.
    Aww and I thought you was a friend...

Gets costly to have friends dont it?
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Allegheny County)

frenchy, you know you always have an open invitation. I might be getting another plr cause theres basically three people enjoying this one. My kids love it too. And now they're reading about bumpfiring and are itching to try it. I told them to get jobs and come talk to me about it.

Default Rofl

Quote Originally Posted by plr16
    frenchy, you know you always have an open invitation. I might be getting another plr cause theres basically three people enjoying this one. My kids love it too. And now they're reading about bumpfiring and are itching to try it. I told them to get jobs and come talk to me about it.
    Kids get expensive too... Its not the gun or the munition, its the people using it!
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

OK call me strange, but the views is at "666", so I need to change that number...

I am doing it for you all...I know I am a brave guy...cash donations please.

(Allegheny County)

Testing the image hosting? Or should I say toasting?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast