Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: SIG P245

(Cumberland County)

Default SIG P245

Looking at one - good price. I don't see too many of them out there for sale. Anyone own one or have any experience. It's a SIG, so I'm not worried about quality. I like the fact it's a 45 and somewhat compact. Do I really want it ? Stock picture:

Last edited by cruzans; March 3rd, 2017 at 08:32 PM.

Default Re: SIG P245

I have one, great pistol. It is easier to carry than my P220. Typical Sig no problems. You can get an x-grip and use full size P220 magazines if you like.

The P245 is considered the Compact version of the P220 and the name/model was changed to P220 Compact around 2007 or 2008. The two major differences between the two are that the P245 has a folded slide and an internal extractor, whereas the P220C has a monolithic SS slide and an external extractor.

I would expect the P245 to be significantly lighter with the folded carbon steel slide. I base this on the fact that my full-size P220 with the folded slide is actually lighter than my smaller P239 with a monolithic slide.

If you are getting this specifically to carry, the P245 is the way to go.

Adios,

Pizza Bob
    NRA Benefactor Member

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    Looking at one - good price. I don't see too many of them out there for sale. Anyone own one or have any experience. It's a SIG, so I'm not worried about quality. I like the fact it's a 45 and somewhat compact. Do I really want it ? Stock picture:

Yes, you want it. I looked at that one yesterday, and it's a fine piece. You don't see the P245 every day. The short grip will make it easier to conceal and the longer magazine will make it easier to handle. The price is good and I don't think it will lose value over several years. I was tempted but as a retired guy with what some might consider too many guns, I decided against it. You should hurry! I would like to see it adopted into a loving home.

(Cumberland County)

They say there are no stupid questions. I fear the OP actually managed to find one.

It's a Sig. If you have to ask the question, what you really want is for us to talk you out of it. Even diehard Glock fan boys can't bad mouth Sigs.
    Soap Box - Worn out : Ballot Box - Broken : Jury Box - Pending : Ammunition Box - Unknown

(Allegheny County)

If I recall that model was a pretty good 45.