Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Shooting outdoors Chester county, Downingtown, Exton, areas?

Seems as if SCCSFA has finally opened up some membership spots, I went to the initiation and am now a member, looking forward to shooting there frequently.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by str8shooter View Post
    I'm not sure if I'd call the membership dues reasonable anymore. I've been a member for years and when I joined there was no application fee, and membership dues were $50 per year. I guess I missed the memo, because when I went to renew this year I see they're now asking for $100. Supply and demand, I guess. Now that they're full they decided to double the dues, and also charge a $100 application fee for noobs if space opens up because some members decide not to re-up this year. Based on the shenanigans that plagued the club in recent years and doubling the dues, I might be one of those opening up a spot.
    I have heard stories of shenanigans in the past but it does not look like they're going on now. I find the people friendly, plenty of shooting options and activities and yes, there is a $50 credit towards dues for one work day, which is about 3 hours, not 8 and the work is easy enough. I thought that the $100 application fee was a bit much too but it is only a one time thing. I have also heard that due to the aforementioned shenanigans that membership had not been full in the recent past but it is now. Right now is the time of year that open spots get filled. The place is close for me too and that convenience played a major role in my membership there.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Chester County)

I just became a member of West Caln Club - went for the first time last weekend and it was fun! Love shooting outdoors!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12