Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Mossy Oak drops Zumbo

http://www.mossyoak.com/content.asp?id=1460

Mossy Oak Responds to Zumbo Blog
    Mossy Oak strongly advocates the Second Amendment of the Bill of Rights, which gives us the right to keep and bear arms regardless of type. The Second Amendment is vital to the outdoors lifestyle we all appreciate and enjoy here at Mossy Oak and across the entire outdoor industry.

“It is unfortunate that a long-time hunter and outdoor writer took a personal position that was unsupportive of the Second Amendment which does not differentiate between firearm types.” said Butch English, Executive VP of Sales and Marketing for Mossy Oak. “As a result of comments made by Mr. Jim Zumbo in recent postings on his blog site, Haas Outdoors, Inc. the home of Mossy Oak Brand Camo has ended all sponsorship ties with Mr. Zumbo effective immediately. While we strongly disagree with Mr. Zumbo’s opinion, we respect his constitutional, guaranteed right to speak freely.”

As shooters and hunters, we should all help educate and promote responsible firearm information and safety. It is important for the outdoor industry to focus our attention to educate those opposed to any type of anti-hunting or anti-Second Amendment movement.

-Mossy Oak
    http://www.slcfsa.com/index.html
    http://www.pafoa.org/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1130&dateline=1165613  693Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Mossy Oak drops Zumbo

Thats great. I have never heard of this guy until all this ordeal begun, but Im glad to see all his sponsors dropping him left and right.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Berks County)

Fantastic. Good to see that the industry isn't falling for the divide-and-conquer BS.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Berks County)

You know, I fully understand why everyone is angry with Zumbo, he made a truly idiotic statement. At the same time I have to ask everyone who is celebrating if they have ever made a public statement that was incorrect or just plain dumb? If you haven't you have every right to gloat over his losing his livelyhood, otherwise you should keep in mind that you could very well find yourself in the same position one day and I would hope that not everyone would jump on the trash (insert name here) bandwagon. Jim Zumbo has been one of the premier outdoor writers in this country for longer than quite a number of members of this board have been alive. Does this mean that he is infallible? Not by a long shot. It does mean that we are showing the whole world how the "sports shooting" community can eat one of their own for making an error.
    Last edited by billamj; February 21st, 2007 at 05:58 PM.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by billamj View Post
    You know, I fully understand why everyone is angry with Zumbo, he made a truly idiotic statement. At the same time I have to ask everyone who is celebrating if they have ever made a public statement that was incorrect or just plain dumb? If you haven't you have every right to gloat over his losing his livelyhood, otherwise you should keep in mind that you could very well find yourself in the same position one day and I would hope that not everyone would jump on the trash (insert name here) bandwagon. Jim Zumbo has been one of the premier outdoor writers in this country for longer than quite a number of members of this board have been alive. Does this mean that he is infallible? Not by a long shot. It does mean that we are showing the whole world how the "sports shooting" community can eat one of their own for making an error.
    Benadict Arnold was also a brillant and great General at one time.
    http://www.slcfsa.com/index.html
    http://www.pafoa.org/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1130&dateline=1165613  693Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!

(Allegheny County)

Your rationale is totally wrong and you fail to understand the situation.

Zumbo could have made this a lot better for himself if he had actually apologized in his "apology". Instead he pompously told all of the angry AR-15 owners whom he had just labeled "terrorists" that he was the best friend that they had. He also said that he was a true patriot because he flew a flag all year long.

We didn't "eat our own" as he obviously was never one of us. We responded with righteous indignation and terrible fury because we all remember getting sold down the river by these very same types of "gun owners" back in 1994.

You might need a reality check on this one.
    NRA Member
    GOA Life Member
    Moderator on www.m4carbine.net

My Father once told me "never write anything that you wouldn't want the world to read." Apparantly Mr. Zumbo never was taught that lesson. He is entitled to his opinion and had he kept it to himslef/family or close friends most of us would have never known. But he chose to "air" his feelings on the biggest media ever invented. His mistake...
    "The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil but, because of the people who do nothing about them."
    - Albert Einstein

In the words of a much more inteligent man then my self. "Dont hate the person, but his politics..."
    In the same manner, we cant hate the man for saying some thing stupid, although we can dislike what he said, we can not just condemn the man.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Bucks County)

Finally I get to disagree with you

If he made a simple mistake then I would be with you but his comments cut to the core and should not go unpunished. Better said, those in the gun / shooting business should not continue to associate themselves with any who feels as he does.

I would have respected him more if he said and stood behind what he really thought instead of posting his idiotic apology.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    In the words of a much more inteligent man then my self. "Dont hate the person, but his politics..."
    In the same manner, we cant hate the man for saying some thing stupid, although we can dislike what he said, we can not just condemn the man.
    Do you own an AR-15 pattern rifle?
    NRA Member
    GOA Life Member
    Moderator on www.m4carbine.net

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast