Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Worst concealed-carry "reveal" you've had

Recently at my in-law's neighbors' house (good friends) for a party, I was helping out the host and grabbed some things out of the oven. Well I must have printed because later on that evening the host (who by the way has a doll of Ruth Bader Ginsburg - if that sets the stage...) asked me why I was carrying. It was somewhat neutral, somewhat judgmental. So I gave her a brief run down. Not a huge deal, but it caught me off guard.

Now they constantly bring up politics when we all get together. Another occasion she told me that "I should vote for Biden - he's a big gun guy and a Second Amendment supporter" and said some other things. I basically cracked up laughing and said I'll take it under advisement. After they left, the rest of the get together asked why she was egging me on so much. Not engaging and taking the bait was obviously the right move on my part.

My wife is always tugging my shirts back down, she must watch my ass like a hawk. She's more worried about me revealing than I am.
    Last edited by alpacaheat; July 23rd, 2020 at 11:40 AM.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    When I'm carrying OWB in the winter and we go out to eat, I just take my coat off and don't worry about it. My wife enjoys checking out the reactions. People will gawk behind my back, but not to my face. She really got a kick out of some girls at an Italian restaurant who got all googly-eyed and were leaning towards each other over the table to whisper and gesture towards me, but they clammed up when I looked around.
    That's not called a "reveal", that's called "putting on a show".
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Quote Originally Posted by mpan72 View Post
    I had my small handgun fall through a hole in my pocket very early in my gun toting life. Money was tight and I did not buy clothing too often, I had a lot of religious clothes at that time.

No one saw it as I knew it was happening and kind of wiggled my leg so in would slide down my pant leg and fall out of the bottom. I picked it up and no one knew what it was because it was so small. The awkward part was I know people were trying to figure out what I shimmied down my pant leg in such an animated manner. I learned a lesson that day.
    I've found that my spare mags when I pocket carry (I use a holster for the pistol, but not the mag) are wearing holes in my pocket. Sewed a few to reinforce.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Odd I noticed this thread title. Over the weekend , a longtime riding buddy and I bringing up the good ol' days and he bought up an incident i plumb forgot about. We were out riding and stopped in a go-go bar for a beer. I took off my old heavy-duty leather jacket , containing my Colt Combat Commander in the inner pocket , 2 extra mags and probably some other things , and hung it on the back of the bar chair , which immediately fell backwards , and the Colt slide out. I quick slid it back in and set the chair back up , and sat down , probably blushing from embarrassment.

Doorman who has seen us there before obviously saw it , turned even whiter , looked right at me and with both hands up said ''I didn't see a thing!!!''

Probably wasn't the first gun dropped in that bar.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    Odd I noticed this thread title. Over the weekend , a longtime riding buddy and I bringing up the good ol' days and he bought up an incident i plumb forgot about. We were out riding and stopped in a go-go bar for a beer. I took off my old heavy-duty leather jacket , containing my Colt Combat Commander in the inner pocket , 2 extra mags and probably some other things , and hung it on the back of the bar chair , which immediately fell backwards , and the Colt slide out. I quick slid it back in and set the chair back up , and sat down , probably blushing from embarrassment.

Doorman who has seen us there before obviously saw it , turned even whiter , looked right at me and with both hands up said ''I didn't see a thing!!!''

Probably wasn't the first gun dropped in that bar.
    Go-go bar? ROFLMAO They're called titty joints nowadays.

Nancy Sinatra rocks a mean go-go boot.

Gender confusion is a mental illness

Al Bundy called it the ''Nudie Bar''. Actually , this incident happened back in the 90's when MWC was on.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    Al Bundy called it the ''Nudie Bar''. Actually , this incident happened back in the 90's when MWC was on.
    Back when Howard Stern was on terrestrial redio and I listened to him, they were talking about Newt Gingrich. IIRC they said his Mother called him "Newtie." Fred Norris chimes in and said "he was named after a bar near the airport."
    Gotta stay awake, gotta try and shake off this creeping malaise

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678