Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    (York County)

Default Worst concealed-carry "reveal" you've had

Maybe "worst" is strong. Think of it like "most embarassing or awkward"... The most unfortunate time that your gun was exposed and you didn't mean it to be.

Mine was at a local restaurant. Sitting with a group of friends for 'trivia night' there. The chairs there aren't real comfy to start with, 'trivia' takes about 3 hours. I was carrying my small pistol in an IWB holster at about 5:30 position, as is my usual. This normally presents no problem sitting, as my back 'curves in' enough to have a small gun nestle in nicely.

But that night, for 3 hours on an uncomfortable chair, I guess I was squirming and shifting enough - not because of the gun but rather my bottom & hips - to start working the holster up. Normally I'd have noticed it shifting and readjusted it, but I guess the overall discomfort made me not notice it.

The holster is very secure, but over the course of a few hours, eventually the clip worked loose and ka-thump... Gun & holster fall on the floor behind me (open-back chair).

Thankfully, the only reaction was from my friend on the next chair who looked down and said "Oh I feel much safer now"... I just calmly grabbed it and put it back and went on about things.

Only time I've 'dropped' my gun. I did retire the belt I was wearing that night since it had also maybe got a bit too soft for carry duty.

So my 2c is replace your gun belts when necessary and if you squirm a lot, check your piece.
    DGAF

(Indiana County)

Default Re: Worst concealed-carry "reveal" you've had

Shopping for groceries about ten years ago, was carrying iwb with a cheap clip on holster, I went to stoop down to reach into a cooler and it caught on the shopping cart and it slide right out and hung on the cart...

That holster got tossed and I never again bought or used a $10 holster.

About the only "reveal" I am aware of was sitting at a bar waiting for lunch when I stretched and my shirt hiked up. The bar tender got all pie eyed and did an about face.

(Chester County)

The Mrs. came up to me and whispered in somewhat of a conspiratorial tone "Honey, you're showing"...

I was sure it wasn't possible for I had a great holster and cover garment.

Then she kissed me, reached out, and pulled up my zipper....

WTF????
    - bamboomaster

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by bamboomaster View Post
    The Mrs. came up to me and whispered in somewhat of a conspiratorial tone "Honey, you're showing"...

I was sure it wasn't possible for I had a great holster and cover garment.

Then she kissed me, reached out, and pulled up my zipper....

WTF????
    Kissed you where ? and by that I mean, what store or public venue were you at ?

(Delaware County)

I had my small handgun fall through a hole in my pocket very early in my gun toting life. Money was tight and I did not buy clothing too often, I had a lot of religious clothes at that time.

No one saw it as I knew it was happening and kind of wiggled my leg so in would slide down my pant leg and fall out of the bottom. I picked it up and no one knew what it was because it was so small. The awkward part was I know people were trying to figure out what I shimmied down my pant leg in such an animated manner. I learned a lesson that day.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

A long time ago in a very far off land,I was in the stall releasing the dog of war when I heard a loud clunk and several rounds of 38 spl spilling onto the floor ! It happened to a retired NYPD in his late 70s apologizing he was trying to be careful in his stall and wanted to just open the cyclinder on his snub for saftey concerns !Did not shit myself but was constipated for 3 days after that event.Happened in the bathroom of a Bank of America Farmingdale N Y ! He was also the security guard for the front desk ! MDT

(Bucks County)

Sunday morning, last week. It was my turn to do the Mission Moment. The kid in the last pew, right behind me, had decided to sample one of my home-brewed peppermint toothpicks. I keep them in a pill bottle, soaking in peppermint oil. (one day soon it will be a different bottle and they will be soaking in Ghost Chili oil, you know, just for giggles when he reaches over to get one). Anyway, he tilted the bottle of toothpicks, dumping peppermint oil down the back of my jacket. I took it off. Preacher asked who had the Mission Moment because I had lost focus and missed my cue. I stood up and walked to the front and gave my delivery.

Walking back, one of the deacons put his hand up across the front of his chest, 'finger-gun' style. OOPS!!! Longest walk to the back row ever!
    After the service, my little old lady friend, Sally, asked what kind of cell phone I was carrying. She never saw the gun, it was hidden behind my right arm. BUT, when I was walking forward, she got a real good look at my double mag carrier on my 8 o'clock. Open top, two bright stainless mags.
    Sort of embarrassing, but no big deal. Punks on the back row got a big kick out of it. Which is why I will thoroughly enjoy the hot pepper-toothpick prank when I pull it on them.

(Schuylkill County)

Whenever I reach something on a high shelf for little old ladies at the grocery store.

A few years ago I was helping two young ladies move. I was carrying something onto the truck and my shirt rode up. I heard a high pitched noise when one of them saw it but it was never mentioned.

(Allegheny County)

I was working at Waynesburg University and had an IWB for my Kahr P9 Covert.
    Normal work tasks that day didn't include bending over to lift heavy stuff till I was walking down the hall and another tradesman needed a hand.
    As I bent over, I had to re position myself and the dude said, "hey man , nice piece".
    Started ankle carrying when working after that.
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast