Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (York County)

Default Re: Worst concealed-carry "reveal" you've had

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaydeno View Post
    I often just wear a sportcoat over an OWB holster for work, and no one is any more the wiser. Years ago I stopped by a customer's office in Harrisburg to pick up two boxes. The customer offers to carry one out to my car for me. Great I think...until I walk out the door, the wind is blowing like an SOB, and I've got both hands under a heavy box! My jacket blows wide open and up my back, exposing a nice leather holster and Sig Sauer to everyone. It didn't bother me too much since I often OC on my time, but the look on thecustomer's face was priceless, and it did lead to a good conversation on PA and LTCF rules!
    Yeah, I find suit/sportcoat one of the easiest modes of dress with which to 'conceal'... unless wind.

Mind you, I almost never wear suit/sportcoat these days. Self-employment hath its privileges...
    DGAF

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by KCJones View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhaydeno View Post
    I often just wear a sportcoat over an OWB holster for work, and no one is any more the wiser. Years ago I stopped by a customer's office in Harrisburg to pick up two boxes. The customer offers to carry one out to my car for me. Great I think...until I walk out the door, the wind is blowing like an SOB, and I've got both hands under a heavy box! My jacket blows wide open and up my back, exposing a nice leather holster and Sig Sauer to everyone. It didn't bother me too much since I often OC on my time, but the look on thecustomer's face was priceless, and it did lead to a good conversation on PA and LTCF rules!
    Yeah, I find suit/sportcoat one of the easiest modes of dress with which to 'conceal'... unless wind.

Mind you, I almost never wear suit/sportcoat these days. Self-employment hath its privileges...
    http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/p...ket-26514.aspx

Lotsa pockets, decent weight for sweeping out of the way. I've shot several matches in one.

(Susquehanna County)

Changing a car tire at my brother's outside Philadelphia. My sister was standing there giving me moral support then suddenly gasps and said my gun is showing! Breaking a sweat, I removed and tossed my long cover shirt onto the hood and said I was still legal and didn't give a flying F. Not a minute later the guy across the alley comes over and offers me use of his tools and floor jack and starts asking what I carry and talking about what he carries..as we talk and I get a breather a woman walking an ankle biter comes up and says it good to see someone carrying a full size, pats her belly band and says she won't leave home without her .25.
    As I finish and return the tools to the guy across the alley another neighbor chimes in about glad to see people carry because he does.

Well my brother, bless his heart, has never touched a real firearm and very much a Main Line Yuppie was rather shocked that so many carry.. I smirked and said "we are not the minority, CANT, Carry Always and Never Tell"

And no my brother and sister don't live together.. it was a mini family reunion of sorts :-)
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

Not me but my old man. He's a cop(retired now) and went to dinner with myself and a family friend after work. He was carrying his duty gun on his hip. With his usual dress attire (suit/sportcoat) it's always covered but for whatever reason he sat down on the end of the booth and took his jacket off so his gun was out plain as day. He didn't have his badge displayed or anything and no one said a word. He didn't realize what he had done until we were getting up to leave and he was a bit embarrassed when he realized it. The restaurant was a real seedy little dive bar. I guess no one was alarmed but a middle aged white guy dressed in a shirt and tie open carrying.

(Bucks County)

I dont know why this is, but over the last several years after I get done pissing I am more worried about washing my hands then pulling my zipper back up. Many times I figured this out hours later whether it was at work or a customers account or standing in line at a convenience store. I am glad that I dont free ball it.

Once at a friends house on New Years eve, my P11 inside my waistband with just a belt clip worked its way up and when I stood it fell to the floor and put a dent in his hardwood floor. I went over the next day to apologize and he wasnt even worried about the dent in his floor, his dog is more destructful.
    Gotta stay awake, gotta try and shake off this creeping malaise

not gonna mention what shop, but one of the employees had a funny story about retention failure in the KoP mall food court

Hokkmike Guest

Sitting at a picnic watching fireworks and my P-238 falls out of my pocket with a loud clunk on to the asphalt below under me. One lady, a friend noticed, thankfully the others around me, mostly strangers, didn't. Being as the chamber was EMPTY I wasn't' concerned but other people could not know this. I WAS embarrassed.

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by theduke View Post
    I dont know why this is, but over the last several years after I get done pissing I am more worried about washing my hands then pulling my zipper back up. Many times I figured this out hours later whether it was at work or a customers account or standing in line at a convenience store. I am glad that I dont free ball it.
    Man I am glad it is not me.. was almost ready to call the company that makes my pants because many a morning I arrive at work only to later realize I have been trolling... Hell I thought the zippers must be at fault and falling, no way am I that old I forget to pull my zipper up LOL
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

(Washington County)

When I first started carrying I went bowling with my Kahr P9 in a Uncle Mikes holster. When I started down the alley the gun decided to jump out of the holster and crash to the floor. I quickly scooped up the gun and put it in my wife's purse.

(Butler County)

Loading cabinets into the back of my truck in a Loews parking lot. Up and down into the bed hooking straps up and my shirt hiked up and came down behind the gun. There was a woman sitting in the car right next to me. Her face was 2 feet away from my Glock at eyeball level. She had a shocked look on her face. I smiled and said Hi and went about my business. Maybe she was shocked because the cabinets were worth more than the truck I was putting them in.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast