Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Worst concealed-carry "reveal" you've had

I was at the recycling center. While I was closing teh tailgate on my pick up a truck pulls up behind and stops. I reach up to close the hatch on the cap and the truck that had stopped behind goes in to reverse and backs up real quick. It stops about 30 back. I look down and my shirt tail had rose up exposing my 1911. I look at the driver and her eyes are as big as dinner plates. I waved got in my truck and left.
    I always stressed to my son"one shot one kill that was all that is needed". When He came home from Marine Corp Boot camp He was telling me about the Marines stressing "ONE SHOT ONE KILL" He looks at me and the light bulb went on Dad was now a whole lot smarter than he was 13 weeks ago.

(Beaver County)

I was at my wife's friend's wedding this summer and CC my LC9S in a grey suit with a vest that I thought would cover it. Well, it didn't. It was fine with my jacket on but as soon as I took that off and moved around a little bit, it came out. That was kind of embarrassing because one of the guys at the table told me that it was showing. The family is kind of mobbed up so I'm sure most of the people there were packing too. I'll wear a black suit next time or at least a black vest so it doesn't contrast against the grey and pop out like it did.

Here in Florida they probably will call the police and you may be arrested. They are really concerned with concealment unless your a plain clothes officer trying to get a free or discounted meal. They never wear a jacket, always wear a badge on their belt and look like they are saying free or discounted meal please.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

My favorite reveal was in Florida, but it wasn't the gun that was visible. We flew down to visit my mom. I was carrying my Kahr CM9 in a Galco King Tuck the whole time. After a few days, she and I went to Lowe's since I was doing some home improvement work, and when we unloaded my rental car, she noticed my pistol vault in the trunk.

"What's that?"
    "It's my pistol vault."
    "What's that for? You didn't bring a gun, did you?!?"
    "Yup."
    "Well, what good does it do locked in the trunk?"
    "It's not in the trunk."

She asked about the law, so I explained the airline/TSA procedures, reciprocity, and FL law. It was no problem, she knows I carry, but her utter surprise really cracked me up. I bought that holster just for that trip, and it conceals the Kahr pretty darn well.

Priceless....

(Berks County)

Wrestling with my friends dog. Up and out of the holster goes clattering to the cement floor. I apologize pick it up put it back in the holster. Holster in the garbage that night.
    Let's not forget there are still species of tropical penguins living in the Galapagos.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by bamboomaster View Post
    The Mrs. came up to me and whispered in somewhat of a conspiratorial tone "Honey, you're showing"...

I was sure it wasn't possible for I had a great holster and cover garment.

Then she kissed me, reached out, and pulled up my zipper....

WTF????
    Wow! How do you carry that your firearm was showing through your zipper?
    DGAF

I was new to carrying and was having a seat in a stall at Walmart and while my pants were down, my Bersa Thunder slid out of the Uncle Mike's IWB holster and slapped onto the tile floor in slow motion. Scared the poop out of me, I was carrying chambered and safety off.

I watched it falling in slow motion, expecting it to discharge, but it didn't. Son was waiting for me by the sink.

Never used that holster again, upgraded to an Alien Gear.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    I was new to carrying and was having a seat in a stall at Walmart and while my pants were down, my Bersa Thunder slid out of the Uncle Mike's IWB holster and slapped onto the tile floor in slow motion. Scared the poop out of me, I was carrying chambered and safety off.

I watched it falling in slow motion, expecting it to discharge, but it didn't. Son was waiting for me by the sink.

Never used that holster again, upgraded to an Alien Gear.
    Good to be paranoid and always expect the unexpected, and glad it didn't go off. But I wouldn't carry a gun if I thought a ~2ft fall could even remotely possibly make it discharge.

My favorite IWB is Alien Gear too.
    DGAF

(York County)

I often just wear a sportcoat over an OWB holster for work, and no one is any more the wiser. Years ago I stopped by a customer's office in Harrisburg to pick up two boxes. The customer offers to carry one out to my car for me. Great I think...until I walk out the door, the wind is blowing like an SOB, and I've got both hands under a heavy box! My jacket blows wide open and up my back, exposing a nice leather holster and Sig Sauer to everyone. It didn't bother me too much since I often OC on my time, but the look on thecustomer's face was priceless, and it did lead to a good conversation on PA and LTCF rules!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast