Hi!

I'm considering buying a rifle for "long" distance shooting (considering i'm spanish, "long" means anything around 300mts or above). My goal are the spanish "corzos" (roe deers) and different kind of goats (none bigger than a deer).

I've already got the "allroad" 30-06, and I won't change it for anything else when it comes to deer or boar shooting. After some reading in the forum I think i've decided myself for a 7mmRemMag, I also considered a 270 and the 300WM, although the 1st one might fall a bit too short ant the 2nd might be too much for such small animals.

Looking for rifles i've come across a limited edition of the Sauer 202 (offered only in 7mmRM and 300WM), which weights only 3.2kg (normal version weights 3.7kg). The problem is that, in order to make a "lightweight" they've made the barrel shorter (only 51cm -20 inch-, whlist the normal version is 60 cm -23.6 inch- long), and I dunno if such a short barrel may reduce speed and precission.

Does anyone shoot with similar length barrels? Do you think it might be a problem for shooting at approx. 300 mts (approx. 330 yds)??

Thanks in advance!