Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default new range by morgantown?

anybody hear anything about a new range opening up in morgantown? my neighbor stopped me the other day and asked where i do my shooting now that SGL 43 is down. told him i havent shot my AR since, but i was doing my pistol shooting at french creek outfitters. so then he asks me if ive heard anything about the range up in morgantown, right off of rt.23 and rt.10. told him i never heard of anything up there. he says its either being built or just opened, but someone mentioned it too him.

so i figured id pose the question hear. anybody know anything? he told me it definitely wasnt elverson

(Chester County)

Default Re: new range by morgantown?

Don't know of a new range but the existing Morgantown Rod & Gun just off Rt 10 at Welsh mountain was severely restricted last year due to errant rounds going into the quarry while it was operating.

The ranges were being reconstructed this spring so that they were directed away from the quarry. Haven't been keeping up with the progress but maybe these redirected ranges are the 'new' ranges that you are hearing about.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by tl_3237 View Post
    Don't know of a new range but the existing Morgantown Rod & Gun just off Rt 10 at Welsh mountain was severely restricted last year due to errant rounds going into the quarry while it was operating.

The ranges were being reconstructed this spring so that they were directed away from the quarry. Haven't been keeping up with the progress but maybe these redirected ranges are the 'new' ranges that you are hearing about.
    How do you get to the Morgantown rod and gun club? I took a turn down the road where the small sign is located at the intersection with rte 10, and drove a few miles back into the hinterland but came across no gun club....

BTW - There is no range at rte 10 and 23 that I know of.....

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Poonie View Post
    How do you get to the Morgantown rod and gun club? I took a turn down the road where the small sign is located at the intersection with rte 10, and drove a few miles back into the hinterland but came across no gun club....

BTW - There is no range at rte 10 and 23 that I know of.....
    Once you turn off Rt 10 look for a hard pack dirt road off to your left - Quarry road (I think its the first left possible 0.25 miles from Rt 10) that goes to the quarry. Follow that road to just before the quarry gate. To your left your will see the club's gate - the road behind it goes up the side of a hill and the club will be to the immediate right after you ascend the hill.

A sign for the club is hard to see going south on 10 from 23 but is easier to see going north on 10 to 23. I've seen it many times.

(Chester County)

I recently designed a web page for this club. You can find out more about this club by clicking on the link below.

http://www.morgantownrodandgunclub.com/
    Last edited by tau_1point618; February 23rd, 2013 at 11:40 PM.

(Delaware County)

Anyone know if the club is accepting new members? Didnt see anywhere on the web site to enroll.