Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Where to post?

(Philadelphia County)

Default Where to post?

I'm curious if I can post a vehicle I'm looking to trade for guns in the firearms section or does it have to go into everything else? I know it isn't a gun, but since I'm only looking to trade for guns. Does that qualify for a post under firearms? I'm assuming no, but figured I'd ask for future reference

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: Where to post?

The type of ad goes where the type of item you are offering would go, regardless as to what you want.

In your situation - Everything Else.

Please list what firearms you want in trade. Of if you would accept money, a price. SELL/TRADE requires a price and items wanted in trade.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    The type of ad goes where the type of item you are offering would go, regardless as to what you want.

In your situation - Everything Else.

Please list what firearms you want in trade. Of if you would accept money, a price. SELL/TRADE requires a price and items wanted in trade.
    I'm assuming if I have nothing in particular in mind that I'd like to get. An open ended offer is acceptable? Ie value of guns should match posted value of vehicle. Not saying rules need to change for me. I have a vehicle I don't need or want and there could be a guy who has a need for a vehicle but no cash on hand to buy but has a few random guns he'd part with

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pierce8468 View Post
    I'm assuming if I have nothing in particular in mind that I'd like to get. An open ended offer is acceptable? Ie value of guns should match posted value of vehicle. Not saying rules need to change for me. I have a vehicle I don't need or want and there could be a guy who has a need for a vehicle but no cash on hand to buy but has a few random guns he'd part with
    You need a price and/or list of items wanted in trade depending on how you list it.

As for what you and the buyer discuss in private is up to you two. We know that bartering is a part of private sales, but straight OBO or open prices creates an auction house situation.

Example:

FOR SALE/TRADE:

I have a 2005 Dodge Caravan. (listed details)

I am primarily interested in trades towards firearms, sporting goods, etc. My outright price for the van is $1500 NEG(negotiable). A mix of cash & goods will be entertained.

Certain items most interested in, but not limited to:

1. Sig P320
    2. Remington 870, blue/black finish(think tactical)
    3. Weight bench and weights
    etc
    etc
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!