Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Schuylkill County)

Default We need 10k to march on Harrisburg

With all the CRAP coming out of Harrisburg we need 10K ARMED gun owners to show up at the steps of the capital and shout as loud as they can:

The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

Then, at 4pm (or whatever time the politicains get ready to go home) we all rack the slides/bolts of our arms and let them hear the sound to peaceful citizens flexing thier collective muscle in defense of thier RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS.

(Bedford County)

Default Re: We need 10k to march on Harrisburg

Can I wear body armor?

Poultney, VT(school) Norristown, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)

can a youngin come?

(Philadelphia County)

BAD idea. Marches are a waste of time anyway. It's best to stick to the shadows and hope nobody shoots up a mall in the meantime. It's only a matter of time until all guns are banned - we can only hope to postpone the inevitable.

This same crap will be introduced over and over until it passes. They only have to win once, we have to win every time.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by MorganB View Post
    They only have to win once, we have to win every time.
    No. You have one chance to give them up, and thats all they need.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Erie County)

the laws are already in our favor. a large rally like that would have no benefit except to give the antis more ammunition to use against us. might be a fun time, though

Actually, when you look at rallies they do one thing, they make for publicity. If we started some thing here, other states or as some people say "Provinces" would probably follow suite. The more noise is made the more the government takes notice. The more government takes notice the more they are going to think about where the next pay check comes from...

In reality, the Government gets their pay from us the residents and citizens. If they never see any action showing them what we believe in, then it is a given they will never take notice of how we feel or act in our favor.

A peaceful rally is many times beneficial to a cause, if you look at the anti side, they do many marches and guess what, they get noticed. Why, because they are peaceful. They get attention from the media, and they get their opinion out.

As far as racking the guns, I would not go as far as that. First, it could be seen as an aggression and get cops riled up and give them a reason to start arresting people. We are not talking a 21 gun salute here where blanks are fired to “honor” some one, we are talking making ready a gun in public and having hundreds if not thousands of armed civilians in plain view of cameras and mostly police and security…

Having lawyers present and ready to defend any one there with a gun would probably be some thing to look at as you can pretty well figure the police and the government there will want people checked out before they leave thinking of catching a few illegal.

To show how a rally could be good, if you look at Los Angeles 2006, thousands of illegal Mexicans gathered with the crowd to protest. Since then they have all sorts of support and the government is almost ready to bend over backwards to not only protect them, but get them papers if they comply to minimal demands. Already there are schools accepting illegal alien children, talk of healthcare for them, and some credit cards and banks offering credit to buy cars and homes with out any social security numbers of proof of employment!

Tell me that is not a change from just 18 months ago. Heck, all they are asking is they pay a declared salary to the IRS. I bet none of them declare more then 5 to 10 grand per year. For 2 years with kids and a spouse, they get it all back!!
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Perry County)

I tend to think that 10,000 armed Pennsylvanians marching on Harrisburg would actually be counter-productive and make us appear irrational. I think the better route is, as PAFOA evolves, having public speakers who address the PA Legislature, lobby and can vocalize our point of view on talk radio. I would love to see one of our members as a guest on the Bob Durgin show on WHP580. Gun control is a subject that comes up every now and again on his show.

Edit: Now, if they make a serious move to infringe on our RTBA, I would be in favor of a peaceful march which would surround the Capital.

Dave G.
    Last edited by dmg1969; February 21st, 2007 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Afterthought

(Berks County)

The march really isn't that bad of an idea IMHO however there is no way that the 4 PM exhibition would go over well. There would be cops out the wazzo just knowing that 10k armed firearms owners are around the crapitol. The second anyone reached for their firearm and racked it there would be shots fired. VERY BAD for life expectancies.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Schuylkill County)

I'm gonna be a little tough here but it for your own good:

SITTING ON YOUR FAT LAZY ASS WILL NOT ACCOMPLISH ANYTHING.

HAVE SPEAKERS AT FUNDRAISERS WILL NOT ACCOMPLISH ANYTHING.

THEY ALREADY THINK YOU ARE A NUT BECAUSE YOU OWN GUNS.

DO YOU THINK ANY INTERNET WEB SITE HAS EVER CHANGED A GUN LAW?

DO YOU *REALLY* THINK THAT THE PFOA WILL ACTUALLY DO ANYTHING USEFUL? THE NRA AND GOA HAVE BEEN AROUND MUCH LONGER AND HAVE TONS MORE PPL AND MONEY. THEY CAN'T GET IT DONE.

Unit you motivate youself and others do you think that the anti's will simply peter out with thier entheusaism?

Look at what smokers have endured. A LEGAL product that has been banned from everyplace. Did smokers fight? Did all thier lawsuits and campaigns ensure thier freedom to live?

Do you think civil rights in the 60's would have succeded if they simply wrote letters to their gubment officials? NO.

If you sit idly by, you will have plenty of time to prepare your guns when them come for them.
    Last edited by Farbmeister; February 21st, 2007 at 10:14 AM.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast