Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 290 of 339 FirstFirst ... 190240280286287288289290291292293294300 ... LastLast
Results 2,891 to 2,900 of 3384

Default Re: Armed citizens making a difference thread.

https://www.waff.com/2020/11/23/tusc...hoots-suspect/

Tuscumbia gas station robbed at gunpoint, store clerk shoots suspect
    By WAFF 48 Digital Staff and Caroline Klapp November 23, 2020 at 3:38 PM CST - Updated November 23 at 11:23 PM
    TUSCUMBIA, Ala. (WAFF) - Tuscumbia police believe they now have a robbery suspect connected to multiple robberies throughout the Shoals.

Surveillance camera at the Fuel City convivence store captured the armed robbery that ended with the clerk firing a gun.
    Surveillance camera at the Fuel City convivence store captured the armed robbery that ended with the clerk firing a gun. (Source: WAFF)
    Over the past five weeks, gas stations in Florence, Sheffield, Muscle Shoals and now Tuscumbia have been hit.

However, the suspected robber behind all of them was just hit when a store clerk turned the tables and shot him.

Around 10 a.m. on Monday, a man walked through the doors of Fuel City on Highway 72, pulled out a gun and robbed the gas station clerk.

Surveillance cameras captured it all on camera.

This is one of eight armed robberies in just five weeks in the Shoals.

Tuscumbia Police Chief Tony Logan believes the man who hit Fuel City is the prime suspect for all of them.

*He came to the counter, put the bag up on the counter, pulled his gun out and said *give me everything out of the register.* I said, *you*re joking right, you*re playing?* He said no, *give me everything out of the register.**

Store clerk, Miranda Mullins says she agreed and handed over about $3,400 in cash.

The video shows he then heads toward the door. However, things then took a turn.

*I picked my gun up and shot him. My gun jammed after the first shot. Otherwise, he probably would*ve got shot more times, honestly,* Mullins said.

Mullins says she got the suspect in the shoulder.

Chief Logan tells us the suspect made it into a get away car when the driver crashed the vehicle after running a red light on the way to Helen Keller Hospital.

Right now, the suspect is in the trauma center at Huntsville Hospital.

*It*s a big relief for us because it was only a matter of time that someone innocent was going to get hurt. And like I said, he was going in at peak times doing these robberies and the fact that he was armed, it would have made for bad circumstances,* Logan said.

Mullins says the suspect very well could be one of her regular customers.

*If he does survive this, that he is charged with every single count of robbery that*s happened here recently. And other people take notice, if you try something like this, we*re not going to put up with it. We will stop you,* she said.

Logan says they are not releasing the suspect*s name or mugshot at this time, since he*s in critical condition. The woman driving the getaway car was arrested and booked into the Tuscumbia jail.

We have requested her name and mugshot.

Logan says the entire incident is under investigation.

This is an ongoing story. WAFF will keep you updated as soon as we find out more information.

https://www.nola.com/news/crime_poli...39d5ad5da.html

In Lacombe double homicide, two wounded home invaders face murder charges
    Two armed men from a group of four that barged into a Lacombe home, only to have the homeowner pull a gun and shoot at all of them, face charges of first-degree murder, armed robbery and home invasion, the St. Tammany Parish Sheriff's Office said Thursday. The other two are dead, and the homeowner is not facing charges.

The Sheriff's Office said deputies obtained warrants to arrest Renard Causey Sr., 43, and Jason LeBlanc, 22, both of Lacombe, when they are released from a hospital. LeBlanc is in critical condition, Causey in stable condition.

The confrontation occurred Tuesday when four armed men entered a home on Palmer Drive for reasons the Sheriff's Office has not explained. The homeowner told deputies he fired at the men.

Sheriff's Office spokesman Scott Lee said multiple shots were fired but that investigators don't know how many or by whom. He called it a complex crime scene and said the case remains under investigation.

Two of the intruders were pronounced dead at the scene: Renard Causey Jr., 25, son of one of the wounded, and Justin Hill, 21, of Hammond. Causey Sr. and LeBlanc were wounded, as was a 4-year-old child who lives at the home. The child is expected to make a full recovery, the Sheriff's Office said.

The Sheriff's Office said it plans to book Causey Sr. and LeBlanc with first-degree murder because their actions resulted in the deaths of their co-conspirators.

https://mynbc15.com/news/local/mobil...s-self-defense

Mobile gas station shooting to be treated as self defense
    MOBILE, Ala. (WPMI) *
    (Photo by Scott Olson/Getty Images)
    According to Mobile Police, on Wednesday, December 23, 2020 at 7:07 p.m., police responded to the Chevron Service Station, 3110 Dauphin Island Parkway in reference to a shooting.

Upon arrival, officers located the male victim suffering from gunshot wounds. The victim's ex-girlfriend stated that she was riding with four of her friends, two females, two males and her friend*s two-year-old child when they spotted the victim off of Club House Road.

She said that the victim attempted to run them off of the roadway, so they drove to the Chevron Station to get some help.

The victim followed them to the Chevron station, blocked them in, exited his vehicle, walked to their vehicle confronted them and was shot.

The victim was transported to the hospital for life-threatening injuries.

Mobile Police have identified the shooter and this case is being treated as self-defense.

https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/...d-from-her-job

Lyft driver says she fought off two attackers only to be fired from her job

CLEVELAND * Cynthia Norman told News 5 she has driven for rideshare apps since their inception and she*s dealt with her fair share of rude customers.

*This was something unusual I had never seen,* Norman said.

However, she said nothing could have prepared her for being carjacked while on the job.

*He opens the door, he gets in and he said, *Oh, I*m cold. Do you care if I sit up front,** Norman said. *I could see it*s about to go bad.*

Norman said she picked up two Lyft passengers from the Nottingham Place Apartments early Sunday morning before driving both men to NEO Sports Plant on Euclid Ave.

*It starts to get pitch black. It*s dark,* Norman said. *I asked them, *Is where you want to be?* And in my mind it*s dark. It looked like a factory. I already knew this was going to be some bull.*

She said that*s when the fight of her life began.

*The guy in the passenger seat says, *B****, it's a carjack.* When he punched me in my face, the one that's behind me, he grabbed me around my throat like this,* Norman said. *This one in the back is like, *Hey man. Why don't you use the knife I gave you?**

To add insult to her physical injuries, a spokesperson for Lyft confirmed Norman was terminated from the rideshare company for violating its strict no-weapons policy.

*I just leaned on the armrest because my gun is in the armrest, but the idiots don't know it's in the armrest,* Norman said. *He walked back to the door again. I just opened up the thing, pulled my gun out and just aimed toward the door and started shooting.*

Lyft*s *No Weapons* policy is listed on its website as follows:

*Our *No Weapons* policy applies when you are doing business as a representative of Lyft, which includes times that you are driving for Lyft, as well as times that you are visiting a Lyft Hub.

This means that even in places where it is legal to carry a weapon, we ask that you do not carry a weapon on any Lyft property.

We approach this from a community perspective. It's hard to know what someone else is or isn't comfortable with. The mere presence of a weapon might make another community member distressed and fear for his or her own personal safety.

At a minimum, a *weapon* includes any form of firearm. There are many items that could be considered weapons besides firearms, such as handguns, stun guns, explosives, knives, sling shots and tasers. Lyft reserves sole judgment on what else may constitute a *weapon.* If you have any questions about whether various items could be considered a *weapon* under this policy, please contact Lyft Support before bringing any questionable items onto Lyft property.*
    Matt Bangerter, a criminal defense attorney, said Norman isn*t subject to criminal charges for acting in self-defense.

*She does have the benefit of the Castle Doctrine and then Ohio just passed the *Stand Your Ground* Law in December,* Bangerter said. *She's certainly within her legal rights to defend herself if she's being carjacked.*

However, he said her employment with a privately-owned company is a different story.

*If that's their policy, whether it's right or wrong or fair or unfair, then there's no legal issue with them having a policy,* Bangerter said. *Lyft is a private company and Ohio is what we call an at-will state, where unless she's under some sort of contract, she can be terminated for any legitimate, nondiscriminatory reason that the company decides.*

Norman said her phone was stolen during the attack and she was unable to access Lyft*s *safety tool kit,* which alerts the company of accidents or issues with passengers.

*If I don't have the phone to call you to get help, what's the next thing I need to do to get help? The only thing I can do is either pull out a taser, pull out a gun, a bat, or a knife, beat the hell out of somebody and then call the police,* Norman said.

She said policies need to change to better protect rideshare drivers.

*You want me to not carry a gun or mace or taser? You want me to depend on you,* Norman said. *I*m going to do what I*ve got to do and if that means you want to deactivate me, so be it, but I*ve got to return home.*

Following the attack, Norman drove herself to the Cleveland Division of Police*s Fifth District headquarters and reported the carjacking.

No arrests have been made as of Wednesday.

https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendm...e-grandmother/

12-Year-Old Shoots Alleged Intruder to Save Grandmother
    AWR Hawkins14 Feb 2021
    hand aim pistol in academy shooting range with flare and vintage color
    Prathaan/Getty Images
    1:23

A 12-year-old Goldsboro, North Carolina, boy shot and killed an alleged home intruder Saturday night after that intruder allegedly shot his grandmother.

KIRO reports that two alleged intruders entered the home, both of whom fled when the 12-year-old grandson opened fire. One of the two, 19-year-old Khalil Herring, died the grandson shot him.

ABC 11 reports that officers responded to a 911 call Saturday morning just after 1 a.m. and found the 73-year-old grandmother with a gunshot wound. They discovered Herring *at the intersection of William Street and Elm Street,* noting he was also suffering from a gunshot wound.

Both the grandmother and Herring were transported to a hospital. The grandmother survived but Herring succumbed to his injuries.

PHILADELPHIA (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police said a man who was found shot in the head inside a stolen vehicle is being held as a suspect in the carjacking, and may have been involved in another robbery on Monday night.
    Around 8:30 p.m., Small said, there was a robbery at 18th and Callowhill streets in which the victim turned the tables on the suspect. Small said the victim, who had a license to carry, shot the robbery suspect. "There is a good possibility that this shooting victim may also be involved in this robbery," Small said.
    https://6abc.com/man-found-shot-insi...pect/10343340/

In 2019 there were 225 carjackings, in 2020 there were 410, and in 2021, police said there have already been 28 carjackings. (as of January 28th)
    https://6abc.com/philadelphia-police...o-do/10103741/

Quote Originally Posted by Story View Post
    "There is a good possibility that this shooting victim may also be involved in this robbery," Small said.
    Lead recipient, not shooting victim.

Quote Originally Posted by OwnTheRide View Post
    Lead recipient, not shooting victim.
    The KYW article is better-written
    https://www.radio.com/kywnewsradio/n...ers-striking-1

Key point - victim fired three times, got two hits.

As they were grabbing the 21-year-old*s wallet and cellphone, the victim, who has a license to carry, pulled out his gun. *Fearing for his life,* authorities say, he fired three times, striking one of the men. He then flagged down a security guard, who called the police.

When officers got to the scene, they say a 17-year-old * later identified as one of the alleged attackers * told police he was the one who was robbed and his brother was shot. The security guard countered, telling police the 17-year-old was in fact one of the robbers.
    https://www.radio.com/kywnewsradio/n...ers-striking-1

(Centre County)

Detroit Porch Pirate Runs Into Armed Citizen

https://www.ammoland.com/2021/02/det...is-sufficient/
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

Quote Originally Posted by Story View Post
    Agreed.

Page 290 of 339 FirstFirst ... 190240280286287288289290291292293294300 ... LastLast